Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Rvinyl Interior Kits

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 08:36 AM
replica
4th Gear Member

Default Rvinyl Interior Kits

So I bought an interior accent kit for an 05-09 Mustang made by Rvinyl. Here's their website.

http://www.rvinyl.com/

I got it on ebay for $39.99 shipped. I thought it'd be cool compared to other interior kits because the pieces would be paper thin. I spent about 3-4 hours messing with the kit yesterday and not a single piece was cut exactly as needed. Most of the time the edges of a piece would hang past its intended panel so if I run my hand across the opposing edge, it pulls it up. Also, some of the pieces simply don't fit correctly. One edge would line up, while the rest of the piece would angle off the panel. I gave up and started sticking them to my dog.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:46 AM
Casey4s
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by replica
So I bought an interior accent kit for an 05-09 Mustang made by Rvinyl. Here's their website.

http://www.rvinyl.com/

I got it on ebay for $39.99 shipped. I thought it'd be cool compared to other interior kits because the pieces would be paper thin. I spent about 3-4 hours messing with the kit yesterday and not a single piece was cut exactly as needed. Most of the time the edges of a piece would hang past its intended panel so if I run my hand across the opposing edge, it pulls it up. Also, some of the pieces simply don't fit correctly. One edge would line up, while the rest of the piece would angle off the panel. I gave up and started sticking them to my dog.

That really sucks, thanx for the heads up on these guys.

Sooooo..... is your poor dog Aluminum or Carbon Fiber today?
Old 09-02-2009, 09:08 AM
replica
4th Gear Member

Carbon Fiber boxer.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:57 AM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

I gave up and started sticking them to my dog.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:04 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

That sucks, I was going to buy from them a while back too.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:05 AM
demas
1st Gear Member

ordered this kit yesterday, take a look:

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/web...ategory_id=254

by SHR!
looks gooooood,,,
Old 09-02-2009, 11:14 AM
replica
4th Gear Member

I sent a message to the seller of my glorious interior kit asking why the fitment is terrible. I got a canned response that didn't address anything directly and they will ship 6 replacement pieces for an administrative cost of $1. I don't know what good replacement pieces are going to do when they're from the same outline that doesn't fit.

In their add and in the canned response, they stress the kit is CAD designed and laser cut so it's made for your exact model. Reading a bit further, it says "cutting" is required at times to get a custom fit. So, it's a custom fit? How can it be made for an exact model, yet require "customization?" It's so stupid.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:18 AM
Chris07GT
5th Gear Member

of your dog
Old 09-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Ken04
2nd Gear Member

I sent a message to the seller of my glorious interior kit asking why the fitment is terrible. I got a canned response that didn't address anything directly and they will ship 6 replacement pieces for an administrative cost of $1. I don't know what good replacement pieces are going to do when they're from the same outline that doesn't fit.

In their add and in the canned response, they stress the kit is CAD designed and laser cut so it's made for your exact model. Reading a bit further, it says "cutting" is required at times to get a custom fit. So, it's a custom fit? How can it be made for an exact model, yet require "customization?" It's so stupid.
$39.99, delivered, sounds like a clue to inferior, shoddy, offshore junk.

We've all done it, bought something we thought was a 'deal', only to find out otherwise.

Your post was hilarious though, at least we all got something out of it.

Would love to see some pics of the dog,,,,,, I was thinking of getting a carbon fiber kit for my dog, would like to see one actually installed before I spend the cash,,,,,,
Old 09-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by demas
ordered this kit yesterday, take a look:

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/web...ategory_id=254

by SHR!
looks gooooood,,,
Same kit half the price...

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...the-drill.html

Quick Reply: Rvinyl Interior Kits