Performance White with Black Chrome wheels help - Page 3 - MustangForums.com



2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-21-2009, 07:02 PM   #21  
tampa07gt
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location:
Posts: 753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibsirb View Post
look'n at doing the same w/ my ride....been look'n at the black saleens as well and gotta say, after seeing tampa07gt's IM SOLD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5 View Post
Do not buy the 18" Saleen wheels, they look boring especially as they look so smal.

It would be much better to get a set of 20" FR500 black chrome wheels or the same ones as the Roush car above.

The 2004 Saleen wheels just don't look good, i've had countless customers and seen many forum members throw 18" Saleen wheels and been simply dissatisfied because they're so uninteresting as a set of wheels. They looked good on the 2004 mustangs because they filled up the wheel well and were bold, they have the opposite characteristics on the 2005 car.
Thanks Nib!

Legion5 - I disagree but then I'm sure that is the case with some and not others. I never got as many comments or head turns on my car until I switched to the above boring wheels.. In fact you are somewhat correct. I love understated and monochomatic so the fact is it's the contrast and shape of the wheel (spokes run to the edge of the rim) that I wanted. They are indeed not flashy. Perfect for my goal.


With that said I respect your thoughts and I'm not offended in the least.

oh yea 20's look to big in many cases to me......Same reason some guys like a B cup and some need to date DD's. It's all what you like.

Last edited by tampa07gt; 09-21-2009 at 07:05 PM.
tampa07gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:13 PM   #22  
Croft
3rd Gear Member
 
Croft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 649
Default

I like me some double D's!! LOL, jk.........
Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:42 PM   #23  
w1ck3dr1
2nd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location:
Posts: 259
Default

i wish they sold more 19s. i am getting 18s but they are a tad small to me as well. i think the 20's are too big for my taste, also the performance factor of 20's are not what i am looking for. so i am set on 18's.
w1ck3dr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 10:03 PM   #24  
tampa07gt
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location:
Posts: 753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CaliGTstang View Post
I like me some double D's!! LOL, jk.........

..............lol

I take what ever is offered. lol

Guess thats a guy for you....!
tampa07gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:55 AM   #25  
Croft
3rd Gear Member
 
Croft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ck3dr1 View Post
i wish they sold more 19s. i am getting 18s but they are a tad small to me as well. i think the 20's are too big for my taste, also the performance factor of 20's are not what i am looking for. so i am set on 18's.
Put some fat *** tires on those 18's, like some 305's, and you will be set!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampa07gt View Post
..............lol

I take what ever is offered. lol

Guess thats a guy for you....!
LOL
Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:42 AM   #26  
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member
 
CutterWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Brandon, Florida
Posts: 2,616
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CaliGTstang View Post
I like me some double D's!! LOL, jk.........
Na, some 36 to 38 C's are much nicer plus you don't want the back issues with the DD's
CutterWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:12 AM   #27  
Croft
3rd Gear Member
 
Croft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutterWolf View Post
Na, some 36 to 38 C's are much nicer plus you don't want the back issues with the DD's
Haha, I agree.
Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Sterling Gray Track Pack GT spectreman Mustangs For Sale 23 03-31-2016 09:26 PM
2002 Mustang GT Premium 5 Speed JonnyBlazeGT Mustangs For Sale 3 11-03-2015 01:10 AM
4 Chrome Bullit Wheels with Tires Gary Ugarek Parts For Sale 4 09-16-2015 08:04 AM
New Member here and my 4 Eyed Vert WDScott New Member Area 7 08-17-2015 06:38 AM
P0148, VERY DESPERATE. Please help. mstahoo SVT Forums 9 08-16-2015 09:12 AM


Tags
0509, 2005, 2007, am, black, car, chrome, hell, lip, mustang, performance, rims, wheel, wheels, white

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.