Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Ideas on the Steeda/3D Carbon Boy Racer Wing

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 11:08 PM
DanielKSpencer
2nd Gear Member

Default Ideas on the Steeda/3D Carbon Boy Racer Wing

I'm pretty sure I'm going with the CS front end (recent deer attack) and I'm going to put a rear spoiler on while I'm at it. I'm between one of the Ducks and the Boy Racer wing. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with Boy Racer wings????

Or the Roush 3 piece wing. (but I'm a little worried cause the ad says two sided tape included)

Last edited by DanielKSpencer; 10-03-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:53 PM
UMich97
2nd Gear Member

Daniel, I know it's not mentioned in your text, but it's in the title, so figured I'd chim in.

I have the Steeda wing and it was a piece of cake to install. The hardest part is removing the 3M tape from the stock wing.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:33 AM
DanielKSpencer
2nd Gear Member

Thanks. I really like the look of the wing. You have the Boy Racer version right? Is that the same wing as the 3D Carbon Boy Racer wing? Looks the same in the pictures, I figured they just make them for Steeda.

Oh, I just noticed in your signature you have the Street Wing. I'm after the Boy Racer Style.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:06 AM
DanielKSpencer
2nd Gear Member

Well, I have the Street Scene Gen 1 front ordered. So what do you guys think? Will the Boy Racer wing look good on my car with that front? Give me some oppinions and Pix if you got em.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:06 PM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

i would wait till your bumper is installed then post some pics so we have an idea of what it looks like so far
Old 10-06-2009, 12:15 PM
DanielKSpencer
2nd Gear Member

Well, I sort of need to do it all at once since I'm having the body work done and I get it way cheaper if I do it all at one time with the paintwork. I'm having the trunk and rear bumper repainted because someone keyed it. So, they'll have to take the factory wing off for that and they basically are going to paint the new wing for free.

I really can't decide on this one. I'm going back and forth between the Roush (even though I really don't like the install) or the Boy Racer (which some say looks bad on our cars) I've seen both in pictures but neither in person.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:35 PM
DanielKSpencer
2nd Gear Member

Ok, here is the front I'm using. . . .

And here is the Boy Racer wing I think I want. . .

Old 10-06-2009, 08:16 PM
UMich97
2nd Gear Member

Daniel, I wish I'd seen one in person, but based on the photos, I think the two would flow. I think whenever you go with a wing on the back, it needs to be offset with a more aggressive front end to maintain a good flow. The Street Scene front should accomplish that.

I will say this. I debated the Steeda Wing for quite awhile, trying to decide if I thought it was too "big" for me. Then once I saw one in person, I realized the pictures didn't do it justice and often the angles made it look less appealing. Once I got the wing installed, I loved it.....but I did have to add a front chin to help the flow. By itself, it was too much for my taste. Together....just right.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:56 PM
DanielKSpencer
2nd Gear Member

Thanks, I'm still up in the air. I'm liking the Roush wing pretty well, too. If I could just get over the installation process for it. I hate relying on tape and I hate to drill into my rear quarters, but it's a pretty hot wing now that I've seen some more pix of it. decisions, decisions, decisions
Old 10-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Poco
4th Gear Member

I had this Steeda street wing on my 06'GT.

Quick Reply: Ideas on the Steeda/3D Carbon Boy Racer Wing