Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Playing with photo editor... anyone want to give me ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

Default Playing with photo editor... anyone want to give me ideas?

Okay.

I'm about to have a satin black single, wide stripe with pins painted on it, bumper to bumper. In fact, we've already masked the hood off with the outlines.

Gonna add hood pins b/c at 80 mph, the hood looks like its going to go into orbit and leave me looking like Daffy Duck when his bill gets blown up and over his head. And yes, we've checked everything on the hood, tightened and worked it over... it feels tight, then the wind hits it going down the road and it starts to look like its going to float right off...

Now, here's the part my husband says is stupid. Given the 06 GT's nick is Cherry Bomb b/c it is red, and highly volatile - I joke and say it could go off in any direction/explode at any time since we had to redo so much of the suspension, I want to paint something like this on the front fender:

That's a photochop version. My airbrush artist will obviously just use that as a guide, and it will NOT look identical. He has his own 'style' that's distictly his and his alone. I also want the stems to be lit fuses - Cherry Bombs. The location may not be exactly like that, and the GT emblem will probably need to be shaved just to provide a clean canvas.

Anyone else have any suggestions for this idea? I've had true flames suggested, but I don't know where they'd need to go and not be OTT on this car....

I also should probably get a better full shot of the side of my car so I can fiddle with the placement...
Old 10-13-2009, 02:05 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I think that's cool idea. Very original!
I think if you remove the GT Emblem you will be left with two holes to fill.
You could position the logo under the GT emblem or play off the front wheels.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Batenswytch
redneck gamer nerd chick

That's what I was thinking on the GT emblem... locate them lower and then I won't have holes to weld up. The GT badge actually didn't look bad when I had the cherries a little lower....