Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Redoing seats w/ Katzkin hides

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 06:51 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Very nice. I love mine. Mine werent too wrinkled but mine were instaled after they were stitched together at their headquarters. But they are smoother now than first installed.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:21 AM
CWyler
3rd Gear Member

^damn

Last edited by CWyler; 08-08-2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Menes's GT
1st Gear Member

great looking car man love the seats, if you dont mind me asking how much these run you?
Old 09-23-2011, 01:18 PM
nbd13
2nd Gear Member

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but what color red is this? I am getting ready to order from Katzkin and want to go with their tuscany leather, but they only have a dark red. I have the red interior now that came from the ford factory and wanted something bright like it now. It seems your red is more bright....

Thanks,

Nick
Old 09-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nbd13
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but what color red is this? I am getting ready to order from Katzkin and want to go with their tuscany leather, but they only have a dark red. I have the red interior now that came from the ford factory and wanted something bright like it now. It seems your red is more bright....

Thanks,

Nick
On mine, it's the one they list as simply "Red" in their standard leather line
Old 09-24-2011, 04:04 PM
nbd13
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
On mine, it's the one they list as simply "Red" in their standard leather line
Ok thanks and is that red pretty close to factory? How is the quality? I am tempted to go with the tuscany because everything i read said it's better, but they only have that one drab red color like maroonish.

Not sure what to do and I have to order these early this week.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Nick
Old 09-24-2011, 05:08 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nbd13
Ok thanks and is that red pretty close to factory? How is the quality? I am tempted to go with the tuscany because everything i read said it's better, but they only have that one drab red color like maroonish.

Not sure what to do and I have to order these early this week.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Nick
The red is pretty close to the factory red, but not quite 100% identical. I added the red factory door panels after I did mine, and there's a slight difference in shade, but it's close enough that no one not specifically looking for it would see a difference.

Quality is excellent imho, definitely better than the factory leather. I haven't examined a set of the Tuscany, so I can't really give a comparison with that.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:38 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Torch... did you order the running horse from katzkin on your headrest?
When we had our 06GT and got some last year they said they no longer were legally able to put anything ford on the seats....
Old 09-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

I'm currently running the Saleen style headrests (the ones with the open slats in the center). The tribar logo ones I have were done by HRE years ago (before they stopped doing them too due to licensing issues)
Old 09-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
I'm currently running the Saleen style headrests (the ones with the open slats in the center). The tribar logo ones I have were done by HRE years ago (before they stopped doing them too due to licensing issues)
What color are the sides of your seats?? Black or charcoal? Asking because the Saleen headrests are black and they seem a bit off next to the stock charcoal seats. I have the Saleens in mine and the more I look at this thread, the more I think this maybe a winter project.

I reupholstered some seats on my last car ('68 Nova) and would assume if anything, these would be a bit easier.

And BTW, where did you buy yours??

They look great BTW!!!

Quick Reply: Redoing seats w/ Katzkin hides