Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Saleen Heritage Bumper Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 01:05 PM
sdonaghey
2nd Gear Member

Default Saleen Heritage Bumper Install

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone hear has purchased the Saleen Heritage/PJ bumper from the eBay vendor horsepower1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SALEE...Q5fAccessories

If you have, I am just wondering if you get everything needed to mount the bumper. I have an 07 GT, so I am hoping that everything is present on the car, and that I just have to swap the bumper and thats it. I see in the picture, there a 3 tabs showing. Anyone know what they attach too?

The price is really good from these guys, but you know the saying: Some things are just too good to be true. I talked to John @ Stage3, and if there is any mounting hardware that is missing and you call Stage3 for replacements, they will get them for you for about 50% of the real cost of the bumper from Saleen. So i really want to make sure everything comes with it that is needed.

Sean
Old 01-12-2010, 08:30 PM
heartinacage
3rd Gear Member

I've ordered from them before. They are a good company. You are paying for exactly what you see in the picture. If you look at the underside of your bumper there is three mounting tabs on there.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:27 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

if you decide to do this, my advice is to try to get your hands on the PJ exhaust tips as well so they will fit as they should in those rounded off rectangular cutouts...the other tips might not look like they belong....you can do a photoshop to see how it would look with your current tips...

Last edited by 0NF1R; 01-12-2010 at 11:30 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:02 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

That bumper will make you buy the rig for the trunk lid at least, since you need to relocate your license plate...
Make sure you have the budget for that.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Redfire_07
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
That bumper will make you buy the rig for the trunk lid at least, since you need to relocate your license plate...
Make sure you have the budget for that.
Great point, I didnt think of that when i looked at the bumper
Old 01-13-2010, 08:10 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

That is a nice looking bumper. So how does that license plate rig work? Does it just bolt on to the trunk or is some more modding involved?
Old 01-13-2010, 08:15 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by chronos
That is a nice looking bumper. So how does that license plate rig work? Does it just bolt on to the trunk or is some more modding involved?
Yep, drilling, pulling wires and bolting cr@p up.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:53 AM
heartinacage
3rd Gear Member

considered that bumper before, until I fond out the price of that other piece. It made me decide to stick with my original choice, the GT500. They also have the PJ tips if you decide to buy that bumper.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:38 PM
sdonaghey
2nd Gear Member

I ended up getting the bumpber from them for $200 + $100 shipping. I ordered the Dan Gurney edition tips from them also. It is in an Antracite color. I am looking at getting the Saleen Heritage exhaust from them and that is probably it. Oh yeah, maybe their 18" Heritage wheel to go along with the theme.

I am going to contact Stage3 about the license plate filler. I talked to a John Borrero there and it costs $230 for it. I am also going to get the Heritage side skirts, and have the two tone theme along the bottom of the car.

It should look really good when its done. Hopefully reay for the spring time, since the car is in storage right now for the winter.

Damn Winter!
Old 01-15-2010, 12:21 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

^^ The license plate rig costs more than the bumper? Wow, that is just crazy.

Quick Reply: Saleen Heritage Bumper Install