Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Damn it! S197 bumper stripes?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 03:03 AM
Bails
2nd Gear Member

Where in DFW are you? If you are near Plano I know a really good body shop called Best In Show that will be able to get the job done. My old neighbor owns the place and all my body work except my hood has been done by him.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:37 AM
UpTo11
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bails
Where in DFW are you? If you are near Plano I know a really good body shop called Best In Show that will be able to get the job done. My old neighbor owns the place and all my body work except my hood has been done by him.
I appreciate it, but I think the Fast Signs in Mckinney will be able to get it done.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:31 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

I had no idea what I was doing and I managed to do my bumpers.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:03 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PennState
I had no idea what I was doing and I managed to do my bumpers.
Yeah, the technique is not hard, it is just time consuming and have to do all the cuts right.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:20 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Those bodyshop guys couldn't even wipe their own asses, so they're full of schit! Litteraly.
I'd love to have morons like that try to pull that one on me, lol.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:04 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
Yeah, the technique is not hard, it is just time consuming and have to do all the cuts right.
had mine precut made the whole deal 1000000 times easier
Old 01-19-2010, 08:04 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Those bodyshop guys couldn't even wipe their own asses, so they're full of schit! Litteraly.
I'd love to have morons like that try to pull that one on me, lol.
You know, when I come across idiots like that (and there are so many) that BS you and you know that its complete BS I am torn between ripping them a new one, or just letting them stew in their own stupidity. My dilemma is, why should I do them a favor of setting them straight? Let them fall flat on their faces over and over until they are on the unemployment line. If you try to set them straight they wont appreciate it anyway. But I would definitely have asked for at least a partial refund.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:23 PM
UpTo11
3rd Gear Member

I just bit my tongue, paid the guy for what he did do (which was way too much to disclose) and made it a note not to go there anymore. I probably could have gone off on him and told him what a half-assed job he did and how I'm not paying, blah blah blah and it all ends up with more stress and a few more bucks in my wallet, or you know. Getting arrested.

He DID do a pretty good job for what he did, and I did request a custom cut. (half-inch pinstripes!) And I talked to the dude at fast signs, and he said he could probably finish up the bumpers for me.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:32 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

LOL go somewhere else. For gods sake I did my WHOLE car including the bumpers and had no issues with the bumpers. yeah they kicked my *** for like 5 minutes till I decided to put more heat on the damn heat gun. lol

find someone else
Old 01-19-2010, 08:33 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

I know what you mean dude. I love that like "or you know..Getting arrested." Been in those situations many a times. It's tough to turn back once you get that far so I know what you mean. BTW Silver and Candy Apple Red is a great combo. You may want to consider having the stripes cover up the holes for your license plate. Maybe get a hide-away front plate so you can have a more stealthy look. At least the GT doesn't have that stupid plate indentation like the V6.

Quick Reply: Damn it! S197 bumper stripes?!