Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Attaching front license plate

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 02:50 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Stopped by the shop today and spoke with the shop manager. She seemed intimidated at first, like I was there to complain, lol. I was really nice to her about it and "requested" that no holes to be drilled into my front bumper and I am going to mount it myself. She was like, I was gonna call you and ask.. uh huh, right. Anyways, I got my front plate back, holder and mounting hardware (it was still on the old bumper and they had to take it off on the fly).

Not exactly sure how the retractable plate holders mount, but looks like it may still require some type of mounting on the underside of the bumper.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:58 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

It mounts easily. Look at this video, it shows how it looks outside the car. All you have to do is find a flat spot, or create a flat spot and bolt it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz9Q-...layer_embedded
Old 01-18-2010, 03:14 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Sweet, thanks. I hope I can find a nice flat spot. There was a new photo sent to AM with it on a Roush front, but they didn't have the chin spoiler. I think there is an opening on the bottom, and I don't think it comes with a grill to cover it actually Hopefully if it looks right, I can mount it there.. or I will have to find a grill cover.

Wish they had motorized install instructions on AM. I am not familiar with splicing, electrical etc.. Looks to be a fairly simple system though. Was considering just going to manual system, but then if I keep the plate down and get into a jam, I'm kinda SOL.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:31 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by alkemist
Stopped by the shop today and spoke with the shop manager. She seemed intimidated at first, like I was there to complain, lol. I was really nice to her about it and "requested" that no holes to be drilled into my front bumper and I am going to mount it myself. She was like, I was gonna call you and ask.. uh huh, right. Anyways, I got my front plate back, holder and mounting hardware (it was still on the old bumper and they had to take it off on the fly).

Not exactly sure how the retractable plate holders mount, but looks like it may still require some type of mounting on the underside of the bumper.
Good girl.
Is your car put together yet?
Old 01-18-2010, 05:45 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

I believe it was in the paint booth, I couldn't really hear the shop manager but she made it seem like it was unavailable for viewing. She was going to check on the front plate and I started to follow.. and gave the body language to wait in the office. lol

Said it should be ready Thurs or Friday. I'm taking the pick on Friday since that was the original time of completion.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:05 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

nino sport show and go holder. money well spent, def get it.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:02 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by StickShifty
nino sport show and go holder. money well spent, def get it.
cool, thanks. They have the install instructions on their website.