Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Stripes on Black Car: Post Your Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 10:10 AM
Metroshica
2nd Gear Member

Default Stripes on Black Car: Post Your Pics!

So I'm currently thinking about getting some stripes on my black 2007 gt. Only thing is, I'm not really sure what color to go with, seeing as it's a black car. I was thinking about doing white, but I'm probably going to go with an all over black car, what with blacks rims, taillights, etc. Anyway, I've seen a couple pics of people with black matte stripes, silver stripes, etc, that look pretty good, but I can't seem to find any again. Tell me what you guys think would be good, and post some pics so I can compare.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:29 PM
wbk_viper
1st Gear Member

I'd love to see as many variants as possible too. I want to go with either dark grey or matte black I think. But I cant find any dark grey stripes on black...all I see is silver or white. White is too much contrast imo.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:42 PM
JimC

If you change your mind on white, here is my convertible with the Shelby Superstripe:

Last edited by JimC; 01-29-2010 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:58 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

My stripes before and after so you can see what a huge diffrence they make in the appearance. Color is slate gray and I absolutely love it. I had matte black before and that looked great at night but in the day you cant really see it and its really hard to get a picture of.

Before:

After:

Old 01-30-2010, 12:49 AM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

For some reason I always like red stripes on a black car. Anyway if you go to this link and scroll down there is every color combo pictured.
http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com/i...&products_id=2

Old 01-30-2010, 03:50 AM
Metroshica
2nd Gear Member

Wow reaper, that really is beautiful, I'm really thinking about that color now. I have looked at the baltimore street mods site, that's where I plan on buying my stripes from. They do have a lot of pictures, but not too many with black cars, that's why I'm looking around. If anyone has any of the silver shaded stripes, it'd be cool to see there. I remember seeing a picture of a black car with silver stripes somewhere, but I just can't seem to find it again.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:36 AM
wbk_viper
1st Gear Member

I was going to buy stripes online, but I decided not too.
I looked around for businesses in my area that install vinyl graphic wraps on cars.
I called a Ford dealership and found out who does their aftermarket stripes.

I found a place that does the 3M vinyl in any color I want for around $300 for the whole job. I figured that was fair, and I can have them do anything I want to the car.

Plus they're local so they guarantee their work.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:23 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Metroshica
Wow reaper, that really is beautiful, I'm really thinking about that color now. I have looked at the baltimore street mods site, that's where I plan on buying my stripes from. They do have a lot of pictures, but not too many with black cars, that's why I'm looking around. If anyone has any of the silver shaded stripes, it'd be cool to see there. I remember seeing a picture of a black car with silver stripes somewhere, but I just can't seem to find it again.
Thank you very much man. Its a crazy color because it changes in certain lights. When I picked it out, it was on a vinyl roll and it was crazy dark, like almost gunmetal gray. And once I put it on, it contrasts perfectly with the black, it absorbs the light or something because it just pops.

Lookin forward to seeing it when I continue the stripe down the front, my roush bumper is in paint right now.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:53 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

matteeeeeeeeee black alll the way!!!

Old 02-02-2010, 02:17 AM
Metroshica
2nd Gear Member

Wow matte black is pretty cool too. I'm really split on what I'm going to get, I guess I'll have to check it out in person. You guys get your stripes from baltimore street mods? That's where I plan on buying them from when it gets a little warmer. By the way, how hard was the installation?

Quick Reply: Stripes on Black Car: Post Your Pics!