Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Newest mod. License plate

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 04:27 PM
05fastblk
2nd Gear Member

Default Newest mod. License plate

I picked this up the other day, its pretty cool. I really did this cause I didnt want to get stopped for no license plate and I didnt want to put holes in my bumper.
SORRY for the dirty car!

Old 02-25-2010, 04:39 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

yEP.
tHEY ARE AVAILABLE MOTORIZED SO IT
displays while tyhe key is on and hides with the key off.
My state does not require a front plate for some reason.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:48 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Those are pretty cool. I thought about getting one of those for my Roush front too, but wheels are coming first
Old 02-25-2010, 05:11 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

why cover the plate ? think someone from this forum is going to come look for you in TX and say, HEY found you. saw you on the forums. Mine is " SC4RLET " someone PLEASE come look for me.. lol I never get that. anyways.

Cool thing. but like 157db said should get a motorized one. Just because I know I'm lazy and don't like to go to the front of the car and move that thing. lol
Old 02-25-2010, 05:23 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by eddypython
why cover the plate ? think someone from this forum is going to come look for you in TX and say, HEY found you. saw you on the forums. Mine is " SC4RLET " someone PLEASE come look for me.. lol I never get that. anyways.
IMO, it's more of a privacy issue. Not necessarily from fellow forum members but you never know who cruises the net. It's kinda like how some people don't like to use their full name or even just their first name on the internet. You might get those stalkers or creeps, or whatever. World is full of crazies.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:45 PM
05fastblk
2nd Gear Member

yea i wanted the motorized one but didnt want to cough up the extra 100. when I am going somewhere close by I wont bring it out, its more when I know im going to where cops are strict, there is two different police dept around me that stop anyone who even looks at them funny. Also mainly for when I have a few drinks at a bar and dont want to give them a stupid reason to stop me.

PS I dont condone drinking and driving, 2-3 beers is my max when I am driving but you know how cops can be.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:15 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by eddypython

Cool thing. but like 157db said should get a motorized one. Just because I know I'm lazy and don't like to go to the front of the car and move that thing. lol
Yea dude, it is purely a privacy thing. It's not that he's afraid of you (maybe me ), but it's the real weirdos in this world you have to worry about. These posts will be here for a long time, and on top of that some posts get copied onto other sites. Then you have the nut bags that steal pictures. He doesn't want his car with his info being plastered all over the web. The web is a dangerous place, and I can understand his wanting some semblance of safety, and privacy. I mentioned on another thread how this chick keyed my car many years ago because I had to kick her out of a class for drinking. Whenever I go out on a job I try to keep my car private so no one will do that to me again. That day unfortunately some other person arrived early, saw me getting out of my car and later complimented me on it during class and she over heard it. I don't know about the rest of the country, but in SoCal we have plenty of weirdos.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:27 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

very cool mod, .....fortunately here in the great state of Georgia, we are not required to run plates on the front bumpers
Old 02-26-2010, 08:21 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

that is nice, well done...I do not run a front plate (Houston, supposed to) on mine, but it's a Saturday garage queen...What is the penality for getting caught in TX without?
Old 02-26-2010, 10:23 AM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

I can't say what it is in Texas, but in the old days here in Cali, it used to be no penalty. You would show the sheriff that you fixed it, they sign off and you were done. Now I hear they have changed it to like a $250 penalty plus fixing it. I have never run a front plate, and intend to continue. Cops around here are too busy eating donuts to worry about front plates.

Quick Reply: Newest mod. License plate