Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

ANOTHER VERSION OF TRUNK LID LINER

Old 02-27-2010, 06:24 PM
mustang queen
1st Gear Member

Default ANOTHER VERSION OF TRUNK LID LINER

In theANOTHER VERSION OF TRUNK LID LINER-307-royalton-001.jpg

ANOTHER VERSION OF TRUNK LID LINER-307-royalton-002.jpg

ANOTHER VERSION OF TRUNK LID LINER-307-royalton-003.jpg

ANOTHER VERSION OF TRUNK LID LINER-307-royalton-004.jpg

ANOTHER VERSION OF TRUNK LID LINER-finished.jpg In the thread with DOMINATOR I said I would post my liner when done . Here are some pics . They were taken as I was almost done . Used 1/4" plywood , speaker box carpet , and Permatex spray adhesive . The GT was cut out of plastic mirror with the band saw.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:39 PM
mcstang
2nd Gear Member

Default great job

Originally Posted by mustang queen
In theAttachment 19440

Attachment 19441

Attachment 19442

Attachment 19443

Attachment 19444 In the thread with DOMINATOR I said I would post my liner when done . Here are some pics . They were taken as I was almost done . Used 1/4" plywood , speaker box carpet , and Permatex spray adhesive . The GT was cut out of plastic mirror with the band saw.
That looks awesome! I'm going to do mine this spring.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:07 PM
elmo3000
2nd Gear Member

Looks really sharp.... amazing what skills we forum members have!! If we all got together, we would probably have the best Ford Garage Work Shop ever!!
Old 02-27-2010, 08:21 PM
JimC

Looks great, I don't have any pictures of the one I made while in progress, just the finished product. The bag on the left holds my SCT Xcal and some wrenches

I need to get something else on to balance things out I think. I have a tri bar that I kept from my 1965 Mustang that I am going to mount in the center.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:55 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

How did you attach the board to the deck lid? Where did you find the chrome plastic piece?

I bought some carpet and a thin piece of alumninum that I've been wanting (since two years ago) to do something like this.

How were you able to make the template? I know you made one out of newspaper....so did you just tape it on and traced the inside of the raised deck lid?
Old 02-28-2010, 11:14 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

OP......you are a very talented individual. Nicely done.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:47 PM
mustang queen
1st Gear Member

I used the standard plastic push pin fasteners from auto zone{pic won't up load}. The GT was cut out of plastic mirror with the band saw. Down loaded the GT image off the internet and enlarged it. Use the permatex spray adhesive or a adhesive that comes out stringy. The light spray adhesive does not hold the carpet on.
Old 02-28-2010, 02:46 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Very nice Mustangqueen. I have thought about doing this also. I tried to do it a while back with cardboard and it kept falling and I got fed up and gave up. It would be nice if you could upload those pics to photobucket and then post them here so we could see them larger. Since I haven't seen one in person it's hard to judge what margins to follow, and what holes to use for the push pins (did you use existing or make new ones). I was also a bit too ambitious when I tried mine since I wanted it to cover up the open area part around the truck latch/rear brake light. That is harder to get it all in one piece. I may just get inspired and try it again. I have plenty of plywood skins around, just need the carpet, and that's easy enough to get.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:18 PM
mustang queen
1st Gear Member

you need to make the pieces to cover by the latch seperate. I drilled the holes for the pins seperate . Donot try to make your pattern to large it will screw up the trunk seal. Here is a link if you want to buy one .http://www.granddesignmat.com/galleryconsole.htm# This is where the design came from . There are videos on you tube.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:04 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

As Bugs Bunny used to say "You don't know me very good, do you?" If I can make it, I don't buy it. I'll check out the Youtube links to get a rough idea of how to do it. When I can find some time I may give it another crack.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ANOTHER VERSION OF TRUNK LID LINER