Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Agent47 Mirrors - Discount Price

Old 04-02-2010, 02:55 PM
JimC

I started on the install today - really easy except:

The plug on the end is square the hole it needs to come through is round on my driver side mirror. I can't see any way to get that square peg through the round hold since it is larger than the hole itself. What is the secret - do I need to cut and splice the wires?
Old 04-02-2010, 03:03 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Nooooooooooooooo!!!
No splicing.

Undo the funky plug that goes to the motor with a small flat screw driver.
Tape it to the wires so it doesn't get caught when you slip it through the OEM mirror.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:39 PM
JimC

Thanks, I'll take another look at it this weekend. I was trying to see if there was a plug on the motor but it didn't look like one.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:19 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by JimC
Thanks, I'll take another look at it this weekend. I was trying to see if there was a plug on the motor but it didn't look like one.
I wish I had pics for you but it's not hard really.
If you look carefully at the back of the motor, you'll see that unconventional plug that needs prying off at the sides.
It's like a flat U shape...
Old 04-03-2010, 07:30 AM
southernmustangparts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JimC
Jim, give us a call if you need any additional help.

Thanks!

Ken
Old 04-05-2010, 10:02 PM
JimC

With the extra explanation I took the 15 minutes to get them on today. I thought about trying to paint them myself, but since they are a satin black finish I figured they would be fine as is. Once I knew what I was looking for on the motor it was simple - except after getting the driver side on it wasn't working correctly so I pulled the mirror back off and the motor was oriented correctly so figured I must have managed to put the wire clip back on reversed, pulled it out and could see it wasn't clipped correctly so flipped it over and worked great.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:08 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Congrats!

Now, go sell your stockers on the F150 Forum.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:59 PM
southernmustangparts
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the business guys!

Check us out if you are looking for a great deal on replacement mirrors.

Ken

Last edited by southernmustangparts; 04-24-2010 at 08:50 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:51 AM
southernmustangparts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by southernmustangparts
Agent47 Retro Race Mirrors

$209.00 w/ FREE SHIPPING in the continental US

MUSTANG FORUM members take an additional $20.00 off by using coupon code mustangforum at checkout!

This is the style that belongs on every 60's retro inspired Mustang. Installing these mirrors capture the classic look and aerodynamic goodness of the original racing mirrors of the 60's but with full power.

These mirrors use the stock mounting locations and connectors for a quick and hassle free installation. Mirrors come with new glass and backing plates.

These 2nd generation mirrors have arrived with new UV stable resin. No longer is paint required on the mirrors. They will come to you in a beautiful black satin finish that can be installed without paint. If you do choose to paint them, there will be no texture to tediously remove like the stock mirrors.

Please note: Mirrors sold without motors, We recommend using your stock motors

$209.00 w/ FREE SHIPPING in the Continental US

MUSTANG FORUM members take an additional $20.00 off by using coupon code mustangforum at checkout!

To check them out visit us at www.southernmustangparts.com

or

Click here http://www.southernmustangparts.com/...ors-p-308.html

Thanks Ken
Great deal if anyone else is looking for Agent47 Mirrors!

Ken
Old 04-25-2010, 07:32 AM
Philostang
3rd Gear Member

I got mine from Ken as well - FAST and safe shipping, and let's face it, this is the best price around.

Install took about 1-1/2 hours (and I'm a terribly slow worker), but it was smooth the whole way. Nice when everything goes as it should. I have three tips:

1. When removing the wiring from the OEM housing (after removing the motor), it really helps to use a small screwdriver to push in and "up" on the round rubber grommet. I've seen guys remove the entire inner arm structure trying to get that wiring out w/o damaging it. No need for that.

2. To pull the OEM glass off (to access the motors), push down on the glass so that the bottom is as exposed as you can get it. Then you can use that same thin (and long) screwdriver to press back on the clips holding the mirror in place. I know lots of folks just tug the mirror off, but I found this "safer" and gentler on the motor housing.

3. You have to remove the housing-to-door bolts from the stock mirrors and reinstall them on the new housings. They are a two sided bolt, divided by a flange, with one side threaded for the bolts and the other side with a coarse thread to cut into the plastic housing. They simply screw in, but doing this by hand is a PITA. A far easier way is to thread the bolt on the other side until it seats on the flange, and then use a deep 11mm socket as a "handle" of sorts. That makes getting them started to go in straight a very easy task. Then when it gets hard to turn (they need to screw into the housing all the way down to the flange), you just use a ratchet to finish the job.

Anyway, the look is AWESOME!! Ford really should have gone this route in the original "retro" theme. I'm not a "truck-mirror hater," and I do think the OEM mirrors add a nice modern touch to the car, but it's really no contest when you look at one side stock and the other side retro. No contest. Everyone should do this.

Best,
-j

Last edited by Philostang; 04-25-2010 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Damn grammar!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Agent47 Mirrors - Discount Price