Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

My body styling project / Agent 47 and Cervini's Ordering experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 05:57 PM
Fred Malibu
4th Gear Member

Waiting for an update on your order!

Did you get the parts from Cervinis?

-1 for their customer service..
Old 03-28-2010, 10:42 AM
SLCustomsGTCS
1st Gear Member

Wow I thought I updated friday...

Parts came in . Delivery company, ABF Freight, Gets 4 stars for service..

Cervini's still on my list.... I did not find out till I called to ask... some of the hardware (rubber washers) for the speedster covers are on back order and will ship when the come in....

Car goes into the body shop Today... I have taken a few pics but will have to post them later..
Old 03-28-2010, 11:22 AM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

I had this same crap from Cervini's when I ordered my cowl hood. It took them a month to get the hood to me from the date I ordered. They said that the packing material for the hood was on back order....twice. It was annoying, but in the end I got a great product. I just wished that they would be more upfront with actual shipment times and back ordered parts that cause delays.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:49 AM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

Isn't that the way it always is. The truth can make up for a lot. As they say "The truth will set you free" and a lie will only **** off your customers.
Old 03-28-2010, 03:23 PM
whtnblk.GT
3rd Gear Member

hey I noticed you're going to shave your radio antenna from the hood, what is your plan with the radio system? Find another spot for the radio antenna to be put in? The reason why I ask because i do not like my long (stock) radio antenna...

Hope everything is going smooth with your parts.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:11 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Well then, I guess Cervini is getting as bad as CJPonyParts!
Good to know...
Old 04-12-2010, 08:31 AM
SLCustomsGTCS
1st Gear Member

Smile

Parts came in, put her in the shop that weekend. Now shes out of the shop.
Few things to note.

The hood pins look great but are compressing the two pieces of fiberglass that make the hood. I am working on a solution that evolves cutting pieces of rubber to fill in the gap. It seems to be working. I had the body shop mount them in the hood and it looks like the right one is over lapping where the ram air ducting is going to go. I hope to work on that this week and get this project completed.

On the tonneau cover – the 3rd piece was a pain at first to get buttoned. After the paint it became impossible. It looked like the buttons were mounted just a little off. So I removed the buttons drilled a hole large enough to hold the head of a 5m bolt that had a length long enough to go through both pieces. I then used rubber epoxy (made by Locktight ) to turn it into a stud. Now it slides on easer and putting the tonneau cover is no were near as frustrating.

Here are some camera phone pics I took this weekend. I still have detailed pics of points of interest to load off my camera.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:28 PM
Deadbeat
2nd Gear Member

Congrats on getting your pony back. Looks nice! That swirley effect on your rear spoiler tripped me out at first, lol. Are you going to install vents for your hood/scoop?
Old 04-13-2010, 05:59 AM
SLCustomsGTCS
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Deadbeat
Congrats on getting your pony back. Looks nice! That swirley effect on your rear spoiler tripped me out at first, lol. Are you going to install vents for your hood/scoop?
I guess my mouse had a mind of its own on the swirly. i hadn't even noticed it. haven't thought about vent's mabe if i found some i liked but other things are in store first.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:30 PM
SLCustomsGTCS
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by whtnblk.GT
hey I noticed you're going to shave your radio antenna from the hood, what is your plan with the radio system? Find another spot for the radio antenna to be put in? The reason why I ask because i do not like my long (stock) radio antenna...

Hope everything is going smooth with your parts.
Sorry Whtnblk.GT I just saw your questions. No I just removed it. I do not use am or fm radio only sirrus and cd's so I didn't replace it. I have seen some that punt above your rear view mirror and I have heard you can replace your windshield with one that As a radio in it but Never seen it.

Quick Reply: My body styling project / Agent 47 and Cervini's Ordering experience