Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Cervinis or TruFiber

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 06:27 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

I had a Trufiber Venom Hood on my old 2005 Mustang GT and was extremely happy with it.

A fellow club member & I are actually planning on getting one for our GT500's in the near future sometime.

As far as customer service is concerned, they've alway been a pleasure to talk to everytime I've called.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:09 AM
Bird1606
1st Gear Member

I have a TruFiber Venom hood on mine, and I can tell you that it has excellent fit and finish, and is a high quality part. The only thing that I don't like about it is that I need to put hood pins on it because it flutters a bit in the wind. But I had that problem with my stock hood as well, so you can't blame TruFiber for that. I hear that Cervini's makes nice stuff too, but I don't have any experience with them, so I can't speak for them.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:24 AM
Vectorpat
2nd Gear Member

I love my Cervinis
Old 05-03-2010, 08:32 AM
iROK24/7
2nd Gear Member

I just got my Cervini's hood - they painted it Vista Blue to match my car and the color and fit were both perfect!

Old 05-03-2010, 10:05 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

I also have a TruFiber hood and I love it!! Excellent fit and finish and my body shop had no problems what so ever getting it ready for paint.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:40 AM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

Cervinis may be good, however i've never dealt with them..

Trufiber for me, as a first time customer was great! The hood came in 4 days to the body shop and they called to double check and make sure someone would be there at that time and day and the body shop was quite pleased with the hood as they said word for word "compared to a lot of the hoods we have worked on this fiberglass hood was excellent quality and didn't require much work at ALL"

anyone second guessing trufiber should second guess their second guessing because with all the members here with there products and with the drive that trufiber has to make there customers happy i dont see why anyone would even second guess them?

hearing to some may be believing and thats unfortunate for those who hear wrong/unaccurate ifnormation.

Not to mention the nice chunk of change they took off for me from ordering through them!!

If anyone wants close up pictures of this hood I will be happy to provide them to you because if this hood wasn't great, it wouldn't be on my car.

-Greg
Old 05-03-2010, 12:53 PM
squirrel502

Thx for all the replys...and think I will go with the trufiber. Now I have one other question for you all. When it comes to instillation and painting, do you all trust the standard body shops/collision centers?

Trying to do this with budget of $2000 or less, and both "custom" shops in the area have quoted me over $1400 for prep/paint. Where as the collision centers have quoted me $400-$800 for the same work.

My gut is saying go with the custom shops as I know they would properlly prep the hood and ensure it is fitted 100% correctly. I just dont want to be raked over the coals when it comes to cost.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:56 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

dude you are getting the shaft. 400-600 max for prep and paint
Old 05-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

^^^ +1

Old 05-03-2010, 03:58 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

Ok well i will go ahead and throw my 2 cents in...

on cervinis...they make nice stuff its pricey, and most i know who got something from them are very happy. i will add that as far as i know they dont make anything that is carbon fiber...i couldbe wrong...but if they do...they dont advertise it.

as for TRUFIBER...well i could not be happier with my new carbon fiber hood from them. most of the people i know (with a few exeptions) have TRUFIBER products on their cars, from fiberglass parts to carbon fiber parts. this not only includes exterior but interior pieces as well.

i dont know who it was on here talking about their customer service and quality, but if you dont own the product or have never dealt with them then i disregard your comments. "i have a friend of a friend of a friend who said....." puh leeze

the guys at TRUFIBER are as stand up as it gets, they have treated me and my friends (referrals) with the utmost respect and take great pride in their product, and work very hard to ensure customer satisfaction. I have yet to meet a nicer bunch of people.

as for my new and sexy carbon fiber hood from them...well i could not be happier...its a perfect fit, bolted on with no problems, looks great and makes me feel like a million bucks going down the road. if i had a dime for every question or car that sped up to see the hood i wouldnt have to look for a job right now...lol...

i get nothing but compliments, come out of places and find folks taking pictures of the car, and asking questions about the product and company. in fact its not just mustang owners, but BMW challenger camaro, and a few porsche guys. their products are top notch, and functional in that the vents are real, and function properly. the guys at TRUFIBER are 100% professional, their products are great wether its fiberglass or carbon fiber. i have yet to meet someone who has has issues with fitment , painting, warping and the like. And i have yet to meet someone who thinks their customer service is not up to snuff. (i seriously question this claim)TRUIBER and TRUCARBON are excellent quality products put forth by super respectable and friendly people.....

I would also like to add that i believe in their products so much that i will be making a TRUFIBER Music video featuring their products and charity work, that will premier at SEMA in NOV at the TRUFIBER booth. I will be shooting this at various car shows and cruises throughout the summer...

oh yeah my new hood looks stellar, and if your thinking of taking your ride to the next level, then consider TRUFIBER or TRUCARBON products.

No i dont work for them, but i would, the pictures speak for themselves.
Attached Thumbnails Cervinis or TruFiber-p1080165.jpg   Cervinis or TruFiber-p1080167.jpg   Cervinis or TruFiber-p1080168.jpg   Cervinis or TruFiber-p1080171.jpg   Cervinis or TruFiber-p1080173.jpg  

Quick Reply: Cervinis or TruFiber