Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

SHR rear quarter louvers - interior finish?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 01:15 PM
p51mstg
2nd Gear Member

Default SHR rear quarter louvers - interior finish?

Here's a question for anyone with the SilverHorse racing rear quarter window louvers: How do you finish the inside... or do you leave it?

I'm working a set of those into my summer fun budget. They look so good on the outside, but I'm wondering how they look on the inside.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:33 AM
tjr1973
1st Gear Member

I'm also curious about this as well. Was contemplating a set myself but not sure I will like the interior appearance.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:39 AM
2007bluestang
4th Gear Member

i have the window loouvers from american muscle, there black, from the inside they dont look the best cuz its just black, but if neone says somethin to me my reply is you can get out of my car if u dont like it hahahaha(only the inside is black i have a vista blue car
Old 06-17-2010, 03:19 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by p51mstg
Here's a question for anyone with the SilverHorse racing rear quarter window louvers: How do you finish the inside... or do you leave it?

I'm working a set of those into my summer fun budget. They look so good on the outside, but I'm wondering how they look on the inside.

I have the SHR louvers. i'm not sure what you mean by finish the inside. Tehy are made from a tinted polycarbonate. when they are painted all you see are the louver slots that are taped off. There is nothing to finish on the inside, it looks like tinted glass where you look through. i will say this, on teh 10 at least the drivers side louver makes for a pretty bad blind spot. At least for me at 5'10" and where I like to ride. i have to lean way back to see out the drivers side. Not realyl any worse than the roush wones i have before.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:39 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
I have the SHR louvers. i'm not sure what you mean by finish the inside. Tehy are made from a tinted polycarbonate. when they are painted all you see are the louver slots that are taped off. There is nothing to finish on the inside, it looks like tinted glass where you look through. i will say this, on teh 10 at least the drivers side louver makes for a pretty bad blind spot. At least for me at 5'10" and where I like to ride. i have to lean way back to see out the drivers side. Not realyl any worse than the roush wones i have before.
Buy you some Blind Spot Mirrors and stick them on your side Mirrors and I promise you will not EVER have to turn your head again to look out your ¼ window.
I drive a huge truck all day with no back glass or windows, so I had to learn to use and trust the blind spot mirrors.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:44 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Here are some pictures of the Silver Horse Racing site of their Louvers.....scroll down after you click on the link below;

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/car...ategory_id=255

Here's the inside of mine;

Old 06-17-2010, 05:25 PM
07gtdude
2nd Gear Member

Mine look exactly like 07 Stangs. Mine are painted on the inside too. My favorite mod by far except for maybe my SLP Loudmouths.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:28 PM
jwth2005
1st Gear Member

how was the install of these??these are the ones that replace the rear windows right? if so any issues with leaking?
Old 06-17-2010, 09:02 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jwth2005
how was the install of these??these are the ones that replace the rear windows right? if so any issues with leaking?
Yes, the ¼ window has to be removed. You can do it yourself if you have the proper tools and adhesive. Since I had mine in the shop for the TSB hood problem, I paid the dealer to have their glass guy install it. The installation is treated the same as a glass window, so no leaks.
There is a sticky somewhere on this forum with step by step instructions with pictures. SHR has one too.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:09 PM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

From the inside, mine are black. I made sure that they used a black primer/first coat so that from the inside it was all black except where the view through portions are.

Quick Reply: SHR rear quarter louvers - interior finish?