Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

best stripes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 11:49 AM
p51mstg
2nd Gear Member

Based on the above recommendations, I've ordered stripes from BSM. It appears he's still negotiating with Ford, but is able to sell merchandise as long as he doesn't use any TM'd logo or name on his web site.

The 3M vinyl he uses is a higher-quality calendared material. According to Rob, it blows the doors off some of the other well-known calendared vinyl stripes. 3M claims a life expectancy of 5-7 years outdoors without being kept in a garage.

Since it seems more than a little difficult to get cast vinyl stripes without paying an arm and a leg to have a local shop do custom work for me, I went with the best I could find online.

FWIW, he said these stripes can be waxed, but only by hand.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:35 PM
p51mstg
2nd Gear Member

Seems like Baltimore Street Mods is quite slow to respond to requests, and I haven't seen my stripes yet. I think I spent a couple weeks trying to get information out of Rob before ordering, and then ordered at the last possible moment - I wanted the stripes on the car for an event this weekend. It's not the shipping/production time that has me concerned (yet), but rather the amount of time it took me to get responses to my questions, and the amount of difficulty in just getting ahold of the guy.

Not sure how this compares to other vinyl vendors. I'm not saying I think BSM's customer service sucks, just that it's not as good as I'd hoped.

Now that I'm waiting, I had an opportunity to look at DecalShoppe's web site. It gave me a little bit of "buyer's remorse", because I noticed that, while they don't carry the stripes I was looking for, they do carry what appears to be cast vinyl, in addition to the cheap stuff. Had I noticed that before, I might've been inclined to ask them if they could make the stripes I wanted.

Anyway, still waiting, and I wanted to point out that there's at least one vendor online who sells higher quality cast vinyl....

Originally Posted by jake1.11
I got mine from www.decalshoppe.com for $70.00 and they were great. I prefer the wet method because you can move them around all you want until you get them just right then squeegee them dry.It really was pretty easy. I just took mine off after 1 year and they were still in great shape. Time for a new look so I'm ordering my new ones this week.
Give it a shot...worst case your out $70 and you learned something.
Jake
Old 07-21-2010, 01:00 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

I'd be patient and stay with Baltimore Street Mods.
You might also try finding their phone number somehow.
That could speed things up.

But I would think that despite waiting a little longer... in the long run you would be much happier with a stripe job that will be of good quality and last you much longer than getting a stripe job right away that ends up lasting a minimum amount of time.

Edit: Found their phone number! Dunno if it is still the same number but here it is...
443-904-4057. It was listed on their web page under install shops.
It says this is not a sales line so you may not be able to talk prices but you can contact them about getting them installed there and I bet they can answer details about the vinyl itself.

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 07-21-2010 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:01 PM
2007bluestang
4th Gear Member

once again your car is so clean man haha how ya been? havent talked to you since u got the stuff done to ur car recently
Old 07-22-2010, 08:10 AM
p51mstg
2nd Gear Member

Thanks, Blacksmoke. I did hear from Rob and the stripes are on their way. I'll be sure to post a picture when I get them on.

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
I'd be patient and stay with Baltimore Street Mods.
You might also try finding their phone number somehow.
That could speed things up.

But I would think that despite waiting a little longer... in the long run you would be much happier with a stripe job that will be of good quality and last you much longer than getting a stripe job right away that ends up lasting a minimum amount of time.

Edit: Found their phone number! Dunno if it is still the same number but here it is...
443-904-4057. It was listed on their web page under install shops.
It says this is not a sales line so you may not be able to talk prices but you can contact them about getting them installed there and I bet they can answer details about the vinyl itself.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:17 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Glad to help!
Dunno if you are doing them yourself or having a shop do them.
I decided to have a shop do mine just so that if I messed up or tore them i would not have to order a whole new set.

I had mine installed for 200.
Just find a local shop.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:38 PM
doogyhap
1st Gear Member

Check out www.bobwhitedecals.com. They have a large selection of decals like www.graphic-express.net.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:22 PM
UpTo11
3rd Gear Member

I am probably the only person here who has ordered American Muscle's stripe kit. It was a pain in the d*** to install, but I love how it looks.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:23 PM
p51mstg
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
Glad to help!
Dunno if you are doing them yourself or having a shop do them.
I decided to have a shop do mine just so that if I messed up or tore them i would not have to order a whole new set.

I had mine installed for 200.
Just find a local shop.
Local shop did mine for about the same price. I'm glad they did it, and not me - I probably would've ruined them.....
Attached Thumbnails best stripes?-stripes.jpg  
Old 08-11-2010, 10:18 PM
bigdoghd

I had trouble deciding what to do about strips it's a 2009 GT Vapor gray.I pulled the trigger and were painting them in gloss black and re- clear coating. The stripes will be buried in the clear, no edge?