Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Latest Mod - New TCI Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 12:48 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

is it hard to operate? I imagine some noob at the dealership cranking it to hell not knowing how to use it when I take it in for service, or my girl putting it in D when she should be backing up to move my car out the parking lot lulz
Old 07-08-2010, 03:25 AM
cervini

JUST SPARE A THOUGHT FOR US POOR LIMEY'S . I TOOK THE FIRST ONE INTO THE UK BUT OVER 50% OF THE COST WAS ADDED FOR FED EX THEN WE GET HIT WITH IMPORT DUTY AND VAT .
THIS ASIDE INSTALLED WITH PROSHIFT LIGHT FOR USE ON THE STRIP "WHAT FUN" DONT REGRET.

STEVE
Old 07-08-2010, 05:27 AM
Casey4s
2nd Gear Member

I have never had anyone have a problem figuring it out in a second or two. It's pretty straight forward.

I have had mine a little more than a year and it works as advertised and adds a lot of fun factor to driving with the 5R55S.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:35 AM
Mike Maples
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
is it hard to operate? I imagine some noob at the dealership cranking it to hell not knowing how to use it when I take it in for service, or my girl putting it in D when she should be backing up to move my car out the parking lot lulz
It is pretty straight forward but it is different from what most folks are used to. I would not hand the keys to anyone without giving them a 30 second tutorial on its use.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:07 PM
INTRUDER
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mike Maples
TCI Shifter $330
Chrome Ball $40
Easy Install (paid the shop to do it!) $140
New cool looking shifter in my GT....PRICELESS!
I agree... my shifter is sitting next to my new trans waiting to be installed ...cant wait.
Yours looks GREAT!!
Old 07-27-2010, 07:48 PM
O'Connor
2nd Gear Member

not sure how good $140 is on install price... but I did mine myself and it took like 45 minutes in the driveway... I was able to do it by just jacking up the front drivers side enough to get underneath to do disconnect and reconnect the cable... just follow the instructions in the box and anyone with a small amount of mechanically know how and common sense can figure it out... I'm cheap when it comes to installs, if it is possible to do at home with basic tools then I do it all myself... lol... nice mod with the shift ball... I am still liking the handle it came with because I'm doing an all satin interior so it flows nicely
Old 07-28-2010, 07:16 AM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

looks good man...do you have a link to the shift ball?
Old 07-28-2010, 08:51 AM
UpTo11
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by O'Connor
not sure how good $140 is on install price... but I did mine myself and it took like 45 minutes in the driveway... I was able to do it by just jacking up the front drivers side enough to get underneath to do disconnect and reconnect the cable... just follow the instructions in the box and anyone with a small amount of mechanically know how and common sense can figure it out... I'm cheap when it comes to installs, if it is possible to do at home with basic tools then I do it all myself... lol... nice mod with the shift ball... I am still liking the handle it came with because I'm doing an all satin interior so it flows nicely
Thanks for the advice. I was considering buying it and the install would be a major factor there. I installed my CAI no problem, so this shouldn't be too bad. Any other advice for installing?
Old 07-28-2010, 02:33 PM
Mike Maples
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by shad2009
looks good man...do you have a link to the shift ball?
Got it on Ebay...search for chrome shift(er) ball
Old 07-28-2010, 07:48 PM
UpTo11
3rd Gear Member

Anything new concerning the lockout lever?

Quick Reply: Latest Mod - New TCI Shifter