Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Roush Fascia VS Stock

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 11:14 PM
jobeonnet
2nd Gear Member

Default Roush Fascia VS Stock

Can anyone tell me if the distance from the Roush chin to the ground will it be much lower than the stock with the same suspension.

Kirk

Last edited by jobeonnet; 08-16-2010 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:12 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

well, i know my front chin is 7 3/4 inches off the ground on a stock suspension. and since my motor is a V6 it weighs less then the GT and therefore higher, probably not by much.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:28 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

I don't have a measurement but it will be lower due to the chin. Not sure exactly what you need it for, but generally I have no problems as a daily driver. Roush front fascias with chin and stock suspension. You just need to use your judgement if something looks iffy, speed bumps, etc. The chin is fragile, so you do need to watch it.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:16 AM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Red Beast
well, i know my front chin is 7 3/4 inches off the ground on a stock suspension. and since my motor is a V6 it weighs less then the GT and therefore higher, probably not by much.
but isn't the v6 engine cast iron vs aluminum?
Honestly, I don't think there is a difference in stock ride height due to different springs between the v6 and v8.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:26 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by danzcool
but isn't the v6 engine cast iron vs aluminum?
Honestly, I don't think there is a difference in stock ride height due to different springs between the v6 and v8.
There is a difference, the 8 is heavier then the 6 motor wise.... Just go look at the curb weights and thats all equating a diff. tranny and rear end.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:04 AM
jobeonnet
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
I don't have a measurement but it will be lower due to the chin. Not sure exactly what you need it for, but generally I have no problems as a daily driver. Roush front fascias with chin and stock suspension. You just need to use your judgement if something looks iffy, speed bumps, etc. The chin is fragile, so you do need to watch it.
i have steeda springs(1 1/4" drop) and a crappy driveway that im a little worried about.
ive also been thinking about not using the chin

Kirk
Old 08-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Torch Red GT
3rd Gear Member

I have to take any kind of slope or driveway at angles to avoid scraping the bumper, the chin sits a little lower and that would be even worse to deal with.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:42 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

If you have a crappy/decent sloped drive that dips on the bottom, most likely you will scrape. It sucks, I did that twice and then ended up just parking on the street a few months before I moved.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Mike Maples
1st Gear Member

Yes it is lower and the key feature, when compared to stock, is the lowest portion is also the most forward so your entry angle into or out of a sloped area is drastically different. You have to watch curbs and sidewalks in parking areas and sloped entrances and exits.

But that low front look is worth all the hassle...just keep a local body shop on retainer )

FYI: It WILL NOT clear a half grown possum (or a full grown one that has been previously dispatched but not yet flattened)

Last edited by Mike Maples; 08-17-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mike Maples
FYI: It WILL NOT clear a half grown possum (or a full grown one that has been previously dispatched but not yet flattened)
or rabbit ears, those are not under clearnace. i personally think the chin really helps with the look and if your going to do the front might as well go all the way with the chin, but i will agree, it does make it incredibly difficult to get around dips and driveways.

Quick Reply: Roush Fascia VS Stock