how about a rim thread? - MustangForums.com



2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-01-2010, 05:08 PM   #1  
Whitestang41791
2nd Gear Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 195
Default how about a rim thread?

i think we need to see some pics of those rims that youve spent so much on!
i would love to see some pw mustangs with nice rims
Whitestang41791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #2  
0NF1R
5th Gear Member
 
0NF1R's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Winter Haven, Florida
Posts: 2,214
Default

Niche Venice on the old beast before selling it....

0NF1R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:42 AM   #3  
partsbill
3rd Gear Member
 
partsbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lake Worth, FL.
Posts: 853
Default

Diameter - 18"
Brand - Saleens
offset front - +36mm (1.42") backspacing - 6.32" (160mm)
offset rear - +45mm (1.8") backspacing - 7.2" (184mm)
spacer - No

Tires:
Brand - Nittos
Model - 555 Extremes
Size - front 245/40/18 rear 285/40/18

Suspension Mods
Steeda Ultralite springs 1" drop front 1 1/2" drop rear
Steeda adjustable panhard bar
no caster/camber plates needed, aligned perfectly.
Attached Thumbnails
how about a rim thread?-003-3.jpg   how about a rim thread?-006-1.jpg   how about a rim thread?-007-2.jpg  
partsbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:32 AM   #4  
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,731
Default

stack racing 2010 Black GT500 rims wrapped in nitto 555's
tires cost more than the damn rims lol

tigercrazy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:51 AM   #5  
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One
 
Blacksmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsbill View Post
Diameter - 18"
Brand - Saleens
offset front - +36mm (1.42") backspacing - 6.32" (160mm)
offset rear - +45mm (1.8") backspacing - 7.2" (184mm)
spacer - No

Tires:
Brand - Nittos
Model - 555 Extremes
Size - front 245/40/18 rear 285/40/18

Suspension Mods
Steeda Ultralite springs 1" drop front 1 1/2" drop rear
Steeda adjustable panhard bar
no caster/camber plates needed, aligned perfectly.
Nice wheels bill hehehehe
Oh wait we have the same tires too! (cept I have 275/40/18's all the way)

Hey curious... why didn't you go with 18x10 all the way around?
Just like the staggered look or what?

I have that size all the way around but I may go staggered later.
I was just wondering what made your decision for ya.
Blacksmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:00 AM   #6  
partsbill
3rd Gear Member
 
partsbill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lake Worth, FL.
Posts: 853
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksmoke View Post
Nice wheels bill hehehehe
Oh wait we have the same tires too! (cept I have 275/40/18's all the way)

Hey curious... why didn't you go with 18x10 all the way around?
Just like the staggered look or what?

I have that size all the way around but I may go staggered later.
I was just wondering what made your decision for ya.
I like the staggered look, plus wanted to go wider then a 275 in the rear but didn't want to go wide up front, and the biggest part in making my decision was the the rims and tires where free, that's right free, I work for a Ford dealer here in South Florida and we took in a 07 Gt in trade with new rims and tires (**** still on the tires) I swapped out my 17" OEM split spokes for them.

Last edited by partsbill; 09-02-2010 at 10:23 AM.
partsbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:27 AM   #7  
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,731
Default

man your lucky!
tigercrazy718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:52 AM   #8  
Retro06MustangGT500
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Do Not Enter
Posts: 323
Default

boss 336 with 255/20/20 and 315/35/20 nitto invos


Retro06MustangGT500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:03 PM   #9  
shonole
2nd Gear Member
 
shonole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 207
Talking

There's already an aftermarket wheels thread:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/whee...et-wheels.html

Here's a few good threads for PWs:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...-pw-s197s.html

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...ome-on-in.html

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showt...ight=blue+leds


I've got stock wheels for now, so no need to post pics!
shonole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:07 PM   #10  
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One
 
Blacksmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsbill View Post
I like the staggered look, plus wanted to go wider then a 275 in the rear but didn't want to go wide up front, and the biggest part in making my decision was the the rims and tires where free, that's right free, I work for a Ford dealer here in South Florida and we took in a 07 Gt in trade with new rims and tires (**** still on the tires) I swapped out my 17" OEM split spokes for them.
I wonder if I put 285's in the back if that would make mine look staggered even though I have 18x10's all the way, without having to change the front wheels since i have 275's right now all the way.
Blacksmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Snow performance stage 2 MAF boos cooler install jwog666 Pipes, Boost & Juice 6 01-07-2018 07:16 AM
The "I Just Watched A Great Movie" Thread HRnB Off Topic 126 11-13-2017 12:36 PM
Intake manifold replacement Dokilar 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang 15 10-16-2015 08:13 PM
What other parts should I be concerned about if my pinion bearing went bad? KingRando 2005-2014 Mustangs 5 10-02-2015 08:06 AM


Tags
0509, 18x10, 1997, black, bullitt, gt500, mustang, nitto, rim, rims, staggered, thread, tire, wheel, widest

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.