Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

NEW TO THIS BUT STILL TRUE TO THIS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 09:14 AM
eladdieyo

I live in Washington DC I will take and post pics today once i get off work. My budget is my salary...lol I have no other investments other than bills...It will NOT be lowered. The streets of dc are horrible and riddled with speed bumps, humps, and pot holes...BOOST however does sound like the plan of the future....
Old 09-07-2010, 10:41 AM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

Just look at the mod list in most peoples signature and you'll see what everyones doing. Intake/Tune, exhaust, short throw shifters, etc. are all fairly inexpensive mods that make the car significantly more fun and are easy to install in the garage.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Saying your budget is your salary gives us no idea on how much you are looking to spend. Whether long run or short.

Really does not help us at all.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:27 AM
eladdieyo

alrighty...lets say 1000 per month is what im pretty much willing to contribute to the project. And I got ya. I will let you know what has already been done to it and i will proceed from there.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:11 PM
eladdieyo

im not sure if this link will work for you guys...let me know if it doesnt. It is a side view of the 'Stang

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...1e&id=66107367
Old 09-07-2010, 12:14 PM
eladdieyo

and this is the front view...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...57&id=66107367
Old 09-07-2010, 07:12 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

an intake an tune will run you about $400-$500 depending on where you buy it....if u get an intake and tune from someone here on mf thats selling theirs together in the classifies ads, u could probably get them for $300 or so....this mod will only boost you up + or - 30hp....my siugestion would be to use the sct tuner since most tuning companies use that brand...

if u wanted to do this, u can also add cams which can boost you about anotehr 30hp depending on the cams....if u plan on doing this, be strategic because you will need to get the car tuned for the cams...

if u plan on supercharging or turbocharging the car, then just save for that right off the bat and ull have the $$$ in say five months or so....
Old 09-08-2010, 09:26 AM
eladdieyo

okay super charging would probably be the way i would go with it. One thing that i am seeing that i know i would want is the custom hood for the aggressive appearance. any suggestions before i go just buying stuff up?
Old 09-08-2010, 10:41 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

You dont EVER need to go just buying stuff up.

If you arent going to take it to an all out awesome Mustang shop and tell them to have at it and let them do it then you BETTER put some time and research into what you are buying. (Heck you would need to research then even)

Ex: There are different types of superchargers and there are different kits for them and you may need more than you think... like an intercooler.
Another ex:
You don't wanna pick up a Vortech SC if you want power right off the line instead of at a certain RPM.

This stuff is more complicated than you think.
Take time and do research.
Old 09-08-2010, 12:21 PM
eladdieyo

Okay, i understand perfectly. I will start reading up on the things that im interested in and run the ideas past you guys first for some confirmation that i am heading in the right direction. Sounds like a plan to me. Thanks guys

Quick Reply: NEW TO THIS BUT STILL TRUE TO THIS!!!