Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Installation help on HIDGUY.NET HIDs

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 09:55 PM
elmo3000
2nd Gear Member

Default Installation help on HIDGUY.NET HIDs

I have purchased some H13 Hi/Lo HIDs to replace my headlights and some H3 HIDs to replace my fogs. I have the Cervini C500 kit on my car and the lower fog lights are the H3s.

I got them in the mail today, however, no install instructions. If anyone has done this install on our cars and can chime in please do so.

Thanks in advance.... Can't wait to get them installed, just don't want to get ahead of myself.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:19 PM
DRock
3rd Gear Member

The fog lights are pretty much replace the bulbs mount the balasts and plug the balasts into the old harness.

The Hi/Lo kit makes it a bit more tricky. You have to run a power and ground wire, but if that is easy enough for you, then its just plug and play like the fogs. The plugs only plug into the female version so its pretty much impossible to mess up.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:02 PM
elmo3000
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Drock, you know what it's like.... I just don't want to mess anything up. I'll take another look at all the wiring and maybe have a crack at it on the weekend.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:01 AM
DRock
3rd Gear Member

I have the SAME kit from HIDGUY.NET. lol i know exactly what it is like. But once you get started it is cake. I will take pics of where i mounted the HI/LO box and where i ran the ground and power wires. I loomed all the other wires up so they are out of the way too.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:17 AM
KcMstang
2nd Gear Member

I mounted my ballast behind each headlight and then for the fogs under the shroud, since you fogs are lower in the bumper that might now work. Like DRock said, that connection part can't really be mess up...
Old 02-04-2011, 09:06 PM
elmo3000
2nd Gear Member

Put in the headlight HIDs this evening, fairly quick and pleasant job, just wish there was more slack on the cable! Would have been nice to have been able to hide more of the cabling.... Oh well, maybe I'll take a look when it warms up in spring. In the mean time.... I can see at night when driving now!
Old 02-05-2011, 02:27 PM
DRock
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by elmo3000
Put in the headlight HIDs this evening, fairly quick and pleasant job, just wish there was more slack on the cable! Would have been nice to have been able to hide more of the cabling.... Oh well, maybe I'll take a look when it warms up in spring. In the mean time.... I can see at night when driving now!
Good man glad that i could help. I actually made some of my wires from the kit longer so it would be easier. lol custom FTW
Old 02-05-2011, 04:20 PM
elmo3000
2nd Gear Member

Customizing something like that scares me..... I'll normally have a go at anything..... However, electrics, electrical fires and cars scare me! Lol
Old 03-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

You should post pics. i heard they have good kits but if i can see them i might considerng buying some kits. How was your experience buying with them? Plus they seem to have a little bit cheaper pricing then AM on their projector headlights.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:14 AM
Cowboylogic

So HIDGUY.NET changed to http://www.hidguymodshop.com. Don’t buy from these thieves. It's interesting to look over the history of complaints on HIDGUY with Oscar and Dante. It seems at one point they may have been reputable but over the last few years not so much. It’s interesting to see Dante identify that they would not stay in business if there were a bunch of complaints on the forums about them and it appears he is right. HIDGUY.net is no more. I guess they figure were are all simpletons and will never realize that Oscar and Dante are changing the company name if too many people complain about how poorly they take care of customers.
Myself, I can honestly say these folks are thieves and liars. I ordered a set of custom headlights for $625 over a year ago and was told many many times from the original order they would be ready in two more weeks. They took my money the day I ordered them. They certainly have that end of the business figured out. I was told two weeks at least 30 different times. For over a year, they have provided a lot of reasonable excuses and I have been extremely patient.

For my willingness to work with them and be patient, now they have stopped responding to any of my inquiries even though I remain polite. I have not had a response since the end of January 2015, even though I continually try to get a hold of Dante or Oscar to see where we stand. Supposedly the last action they took on my account was to show them as shipped but when I advised I have not seen anything on this, Dante told me there was a mix up and they shipped my order to a different customer. Then he promised me again another two weeks and they would either get them back or build me a new set. That was the last time I was able to get a hold of them by phone. I've asked for a refund as well as it seems clear to me that they do not intend to build my lights. Now their phone number tells you to use their web site exclusively to contact them, which I have done 15 times on the web site, but continue to get no response. Someone is reading my inquiries though as some of my inquiries were deleted. I have also tried their emails, but they get bounced back. Don't get taken by these guys as they will steal from you and they will like to you about providing you the product you pay for.