Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

louvers horror story

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 03:19 PM
usmcmp90
1st Gear Member

Default louvers horror story

so i recently bought a pair of Roush style window louvers and i had them painted at a local ford dealership two days ago. yesterday i went back to have them installed and soon after, i was informed and shown that the louvers were warped so they would not sit flush on the car. Also, the screws provided in the kit were to short to screw into the body of the car and they couldn't use longer ones because they would go into the frame. so their last option was to use the 3M tape but they couldn't do that either because once they taped one side down the other would pop up because of it being warped and they said that even if they did get it to stick down that i'd prolly lose it while driving down the road. So i was pretty mad to say the least, never again will i buy off Ebay. the seller even seemed pretty reputable with very little negative feedback. Although i will be getting my full refund from the ebay seller, Ford refuses to return my money for the installation fee i was charged for because although they did not go on, they still attempted to so i cant get my money back. i kind of understand losing out on the painting charge but even with that, shouldn't have they noticed it was warped then and notified me?
Old 09-23-2010, 03:24 PM
MOOK3456
4th Gear Member

nah, unfortunately you're paying for their time... As far as noticing while painting...Why would the painter even look? "Paint this"... "ok". lol.

Is the ebay seller a person or an ebay store?
Old 09-23-2010, 03:28 PM
usmcmp90
1st Gear Member

yea i thought of that too but i mean u would think they'd they see that it was sitting on a tilt or something maybe. but it was an Ebay store
Old 09-23-2010, 03:44 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Are you sure they are even true Roush pieces? They could of been clones and the seller claimed them to be Roush. I had no issues installing my Roush louvers, and they were pre-owned. Only thing I didn't have was a template, but we lined it up by eye.

IMO, a good painter should of noticed it was warped and notified someone. But then again, that was the stealership.

Can you post the link up to the louvers this store sells? I'm curious to look at them.

Last edited by alkemist; 09-23-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:56 PM
usmcmp90
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
Are you sure they are even true Roush pieces? They could of been clones and the seller claimed them to be Roush. I had no issues installing my Roush louvers, and they were pre-owned. Only thing I didn't have was a template, but we lined it up by eye.

IMO, a good painter should of noticed it was warped and notified someone. But then again, that was the stealership.

Can you post the link up to the louvers this store sells? I'm curious to look at them.
yea pretty sure that they weren't "legit" but i figured i'd get them anyway since the seller had a good track record. When the installer was explaining the situation to me he said that it was probably a bad/poor casting which caused the warping. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT
Old 09-23-2010, 05:04 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

The crappiest part is that the stealership went ahead, painted, failed install and still wanted to get paid. They should of notified you and asked if you wanted to continue. Maybe you can work out with them and have them cover the next paint and job install. That's one reason why I don't like to purchase parts off of ebay.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:09 PM
usmcmp90
1st Gear Member

yea, tommorow i'm going to actually go in and talk to the manager and see iff they could atleast cover the install when i bring in my new set of louvers that i'll be getting pre-painted from AM
Old 09-23-2010, 05:39 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

those are roush louvers it appears but the dealer must be dumber than a box of rocks because there is no drilling. when we put alkemist's on we didnt drill anything
Old 09-23-2010, 05:45 PM
GlassVapor
2nd Gear Member

I always thought you test fit certain parts before going any further IDK
Old 09-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Talking

Originally Posted by howarmat
those are roush louvers it appears but the dealer must be dumber than a box of rocks because there is no drilling. when we put alkemist's on we didnt drill anything
Agreed. My eyebrow raised when the OP mentioned drilling. Wow.

Quick Reply: louvers horror story