Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Trufiber / Cervinis... same hood?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 03:19 PM
NicD
1st Gear Member

Surprised to see so many picking Trufiber or Cervinis. I thought Cervinis was supposed to be top-notch quality?
Old 10-13-2010, 03:29 PM
nem
2nd Gear Member

Love my Trufiber Hood. I like the styles they offer as opposed to Cervini. My paint shop stated the same as posted earlier. More prep work involved with a Cervini and my Trufiber lined up better. JMO..
Old 10-13-2010, 09:56 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by nem
Love my Trufiber Hood. I like the styles they offer as opposed to Cervini. My paint shop stated the same as posted earlier. More prep work involved with a Cervini and my Trufiber lined up better. JMO..
Cervini hoods need so much prep work that I only charge $500 to paint one of them as opposed to the minimum $1200 I charge for a TF.
Your paint shop doesn't know squat dude, sorry.
Not only Cervini is better quality but it's cheaper as well.
Trufiber has better design/style than anyone else, can't take that away from them...
Old 10-13-2010, 10:41 PM
Jasoon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Showstopper
I can say from personal experience that Trufiber is top notch. Their fit is guaranteed and the guys over there are awesome. The guy who painted my car said it was the best fiberglass hood he has even seen... I.
Originally Posted by pascal
Cervini hoods need so much prep work that I only charge $500 to paint one of them as opposed to the minimum $1200 I charge for a TF.
Your paint shop doesn't know squat dude, sorry.
Not only Cervini is better quality but it's cheaper as well.
Pascal I can't tell if you are sincere or sarcastic... downside of the internet, I guess.

Ok, they are different hoods and the trufiber has a taller cowl... a point in its' favor. I wonder if either could be made to give the WMS intake a direct air path?
Old 10-13-2010, 10:58 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

With that hood I like the look of the tf hood.... However I prefer cervinis... I just had my cervinis type iv ram air hood done by pascal (looks like kr hood with few cool tweaks) and the hood is awesome.. I've seen the same hood by trufiber and many have advised me that the body work and prep time was insane... Although some peeps were lucky and did not have any issues.. As pascal said cervinis hood typically run cheaper... I even brought my car to another body shop (a dealer) and even that body guy was blown away and asked me for cervinis info as he is reccommending to other stang owners... With cervinis you just have to make sure you select a street hood not race hood ( well unless u want race hood) cervinis street hoods have finished undersides as well and are built extremely stable.. I'm not here to bash TF because their designs are freaking awesome... I'm just sharing my personal experience with cervinis product and the extremely high quality they produce with their hoods

however some of their other little things that they go with outside companies to produce (like their choice of Scott drake for hood pins) need some work
Old 10-13-2010, 11:28 PM
07 Showstopper
2nd Gear Member

Like I said mine fit perfectly first shot. The prep work was so minimal the painter didnt even charge me for it. And yeah jasoon, my hood has functional scoops and theres direct airflow over the intake. I cant say enough about Trufiber's quality and fitament. Top notch.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:03 AM
whtnblk.GT
3rd Gear Member

To me, the TF looks more aggressive than the Cervini's - which is a good thing. I don't want to get into more details because I have no experience shopping for hoods and getting it done. Just wanted to share my thought about the look of it.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:22 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by NicD
Surprised to see so many picking Trufiber or Cervinis. I thought Cervinis was supposed to be top-notch quality?
Cervini has built a rep because they do full body work. Therefore you hear about them alot more, if its scoops, 1/4's, ducktails, etc. But when it comes to hoods, TruFiber definatley takes the cake. if TF did more work on the body im sure they would have a greater rep for top notch work.

just my 2 cents
Old 10-14-2010, 02:12 AM
09cs
5th Gear Member

You can't beat the style and functionality of the TF hoods
Old 10-14-2010, 08:25 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by cheftjpeck
With that hood I like the look of the tf hood.... However I prefer cervinis... I just had my cervinis type iv ram air hood done by pascal (looks like kr hood with few cool tweaks) and the hood is awesome.. I've seen the same hood by trufiber and many have advised me that the body work and prep time was insane... Although some peeps were lucky and did not have any issues.. As pascal said cervinis hood typically run cheaper... I even brought my car to another body shop (a dealer) and even that body guy was blown away and asked me for cervinis info as he is reccommending to other stang owners... With cervinis you just have to make sure you select a street hood not race hood ( well unless u want race hood) cervinis street hoods have finished undersides as well and are built extremely stable.. I'm not here to bash TF because their designs are freaking awesome... I'm just sharing my personal experience with cervinis product and the extremely high quality they produce with their hoods

however some of their other little things that they go with outside companies to produce (like their choice of Scott drake for hood pins) need some work
That sums it up TJ.

The only thing I like about Cervini is their hoods.
The quality of their ground effect and other stuff is not so great and does need a lot of prep but the fit is always good at least.
The side exhaust set up can be a nightmare for a non pro installer.

Jasoon, I was sincere with a tad of sarcasm...

Quick Reply: Trufiber / Cervinis... same hood?