Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Somewhat of an update

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 07:54 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Default Somewhat of an update

Fully washed/claybar'd/waxed my car this weekend (despite it being a beautiful Philadelphia day) and thought I'd throw up some recent pics

As of this weekend-

What it came from in a little over a year (bone stock)-

Old 11-22-2010, 08:12 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Shes came a long way...Awesome looking car
Old 11-22-2010, 08:44 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by So_Cali
Shes came a long way...Awesome looking car
Thanks dude, and yes it seems like just yesterday I was driving her home. You started out with the same base package if I remember correctly? I was always inspired by what you've done
Old 11-22-2010, 09:26 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

I envy you. My mustang's entire front and rear bumpers are STAINED from bugs and tar and crap. I can't fix it. No amount of claybarring has even the tiniest effect. The jerk who owned it before me really never washed it. And some jerk leaned on the back of my car or something the other day and scratched up the rear bumper so now it looks even worse.

Anyways.... Really nice car dude.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:33 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
I envy you. My mustang's entire front and rear bumpers are STAINED from bugs and tar and crap. I can't fix it. No amount of claybarring has even the tiniest effect. The jerk who owned it before me really never washed it. And some jerk leaned on the back of my car or something the other day and scratched up the rear bumper so now it looks even worse.

Anyways.... Really nice car dude.
Ebay Got my both my GT front ($230 shipped) and GT/CS rear ($275 shipped) as painted takeoffs. Kinda stumbled across them and had to jump on it. Even negotiated the CS rear down $25. The paint isn't 100% perfect, but it looks great nonetheless. Plus I used some touch-up paint and it looks fine.

My original bumpers were a little dinged/scratched up and the front had holes from a plate (PA isn't a required front plate state, but the previous owner still had one) so they had to go. Maybe try a Goo-Gone type of product for the time being? I was very impressed by the Meguires Claybar I used

Thanks for the compliment!
Old 11-22-2010, 09:38 PM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

She really looks good Alec! You did it right!
Old 11-22-2010, 09:41 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MarkMan
She really looks good Alec! You did it right!
Thanks Mark!

I think I've said it before, but your car's one of my favorites. Beautiful
Old 11-22-2010, 09:56 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Coming along there! Big change, I'll if I can find a pic of mine when I first got it.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:46 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Alec
Ebay Got my both my GT front ($230 shipped) and GT/CS rear ($275 shipped) as painted takeoffs. Kinda stumbled across them and had to jump on it. Even negotiated the CS rear down $25. The paint isn't 100% perfect, but it looks great nonetheless. Plus I used some touch-up paint and it looks fine.

My original bumpers were a little dinged/scratched up and the front had holes from a plate (PA isn't a required front plate state, but the previous owner still had one) so they had to go. Maybe try a Goo-Gone type of product for the time being? I was very impressed by the Meguires Claybar I used

Thanks for the compliment!
Man, I need some moneys. Great deals. I am going to post up some pictures of my terrible bumpers in the detail section and see if anyone can help. I use mother's because they were the only ones at napa and I didn't have enough time to wander around town. They work amazing on the rest of the car but no change on the bumpers. They are smooth except for a few chips, but like I said, the paint is stained. Here in OH front plates are required, so if I upgrade my front bumper, I am just going to buy some servo tape and stick it on, so I can take if off when I want.

No problem man, it really is a nice car. Sorry for the slight thread hijack.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:31 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
Coming along there! Big change, I'll if I can find a pic of mine when I first got it.
Thanks man. I took your suggestion on the Niteshade as you can see. Loving the look

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
Man, I need some moneys. Great deals. I am going to post up some pictures of my terrible bumpers in the detail section and see if anyone can help. I use mother's because they were the only ones at napa and I didn't have enough time to wander around town. They work amazing on the rest of the car but no change on the bumpers. They are smooth except for a few chips, but like I said, the paint is stained. Here in OH front plates are required, so if I upgrade my front bumper, I am just going to buy some servo tape and stick it on, so I can take if off when I want.

No problem man, it really is a nice car. Sorry for the slight thread hijack.
Yeah there's gotta be something that would be able to take it off or at least help.

As far as the plates, there's ones that mount underneath, so it's hidden and you can flip the plate up or down. No drill holes in the front of the bumper or anything. I think AM sells them and it's definitely what I'd use if I needed the front plate.
Edit: found this, there's motorized ones too, but they're more
http://www.americanmuscle.com/flipdo...te-manual.html

Just keep an eye out for deals, they seem to pop up pretty often

Last edited by Alec; 11-23-2010 at 11:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Somewhat of an update