Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

pic request, "Powered By Ford" emblem on billet grille

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 03:20 PM
TEXASGT/CS
3rd Gear Member

Default pic request, "Powered By Ford" emblem on billet grille

Well Santa is bringing me a new upper and lower Shelby Billet Grille for Christmas, I am trying to decide if I want to go with the Tri-bar Pony or something different, I have really been trying to find some pics of a billet grille with the "Powered By Ford" emblem on it.

Last edited by TEXASGT/CS; 12-22-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Fifthwind
3rd Gear Member

But... but... are you really sure it is really powered by ford? Really, and for true?

The Rhetorical nature of that question is exactly why I don't like the "powered by _____" decals on any car. Of course it's powered by ford, they all are. Something above-and-beyond or in addition to the obvious is okay, like "Shelby" "SVT" "Hennessey" "Procharged" ect is worth advertising.... but "powered by ford"?!? Duh...

Now, "team honda" might be unique! just kidding... or sorta not...

But, if you absolutely must (HISSSS) then here is a quick photoshop of the Shelby Billet grille with a PBF emblem. (I think I made the emblem a little too big)

Last edited by Fifthwind; 12-22-2010 at 03:55 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:18 PM
07GrabU
2nd Gear Member

that wouldnt look good on the grill, even if you made it the right size, which i dont think you are far off.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:01 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Well, the Mustang is about the only car by Ford that a "Powered by Ford" logo makes sense, since there is no trace of a ford oval anywhere on the exterior (unless you consider the tiny etching on the windows).

But on the grill, it kinda looks out of place, wrong aspect, should be taller than wider IMO.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:31 PM
TEXASGT/CS
3rd Gear Member

damn, cant a guy try something unique, really tho can you chop that a little smaller and more in the bottom right hand corner. If i had a Shebly, SVT or Honda I might try one of those. but I own a "FORD" Mustang. Thanks for the opinions tho.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:01 AM
Fifthwind
3rd Gear Member

Sure man, not a problem. I just replaced the image I'm hosting on my site with an updated one, so the original pic I put up is updated. Heck, I'll just post it again here so you son't have to scroll up.

Smaller and on the lower right:

Old 12-23-2010, 08:45 AM
TEXASGT/CS
3rd Gear Member

Thanks Fifthwind, I think I kinda that, worst case take it off a get something else, I've also been thing about the V8 emblem, once I get the grille I think I will get a better perspective of what I want.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:53 AM
allinon72
2nd Gear Member

I don't think it's the type of emblem that would look good on a grill. On the fenders is the only place I've seen it work.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:37 AM
07GrabU
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TEXASGT/CS
damn, cant a guy try something unique, really tho can you chop that a little smaller and more in the bottom right hand corner. If i had a Shebly, SVT or Honda I might try one of those. but I own a "FORD" Mustang. Thanks for the opinions tho.
I'm all for trying something unique, but when you ask for opinions.......
better to find out here than at a car show where you'll overhear all kinds of B.S. about the "uniqueness" of somebody's ride. Nasty stuff.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:25 PM
TEXASGT/CS
3rd Gear Member

You are right grabu, no offense was taken on my part, that was response was meant to be half hearted, sorry if it went the wrong way, I have always been one to believe everybody has an opinion, even if its not right, (see half hearted-ness). Any way I do respect the opinions of others and did not mean to offend. This forum is a great sounding board for many ideas, thats why I am on it.

Last edited by TEXASGT/CS; 12-23-2010 at 01:32 PM.

Quick Reply: pic request, "Powered By Ford" emblem on billet grille