Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Would a Roush Body Kit be Poser-Ish?

Old 03-11-2011, 08:04 AM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

yep Pascals right....the Roush kit on the lot was $14k markup on top of the gt msrp...not worth it...over time, i put appx $5k in the car and took it from plain jane to what it was at the end....would did the blower and everything else but after all of that work i put into it, it still wasnt a real roush and that weighed on my thoughts...it was also auto and at 60k miles....too many variables to deal with with so little money so i i sold it to get a complete packaged car - one with everything i wanted...luckily it all worked out...

as for modding your gt with roush parts, you wil be fine...do it in the right order and dont look like a ricer you see with primered parts rolling down the road...one of us might snap a pic and youll wind up in a "WTF" thread b4 u know it ;-)
Old 03-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Biceps
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Body kit alone-NOT POSING
Body kit AND emblems-POSING
Agreed.

I'm a HUGE fan of the Roush body kit and would love to put it on my v6. I feel a bit less poserish knowing I have an X-charger under the hood.

I say go for it. Just don't put the Roush badges on your car. That seals the deal for false representation.

And in the end, it's your car. Do what you want. If you like it, do it.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Torch Red GT
3rd Gear Member

I wouldn't consider it posing unless you put badges, however the roush rear valence says roush on it. People will probably ask if it's a roush.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:37 AM
OSUTX440
3rd Gear Member

.02...I think the Roush kit looks f-ing sweet...but expensive as hell. Take the money you would have spent on the kit, and put it towards a turbo for your sixer, I mean, you're in Indiana...drive to Brenspeed, I am sure they have something. Then you can take down some GT's with your "sleeper"....lol
Old 03-12-2011, 11:11 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

It is over priced. I still can't justify paying $350 + getting it painted just for their rockers. Still on the fence for the nine bar grille because that's another what, $350 if I didn't get a knock off, which I really don't want. A genuine Roush part would be preferred. It's a bit of cash to turn it into a full stage 1 and badge it if you had a GT.

Wish I could get Jack to sign my car, closest thing I have is his autograph and Carl Edwards together on a Nascar diecast car.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:13 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

just them prepainted...i ordered all my parts for the the old beast from Royal Oakk Ford in Michigan that was right down the road from Livonia.hood scoop b4 ..it cost me $1500 for front bumper, chin spoiler, and side skirts prepainted and shipped...the roush rear valance was around $350 shipped....i had the rear spoiler, louvers and hood scoop before i ordered everything else....
Old 03-12-2011, 02:38 PM
projectbrembo
2nd Gear Member

Just buy it. I don't think it matters as long as it's Painted.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:57 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

i'd go with the kit only, but not the badges...that's like when i see V6's with ONE EXHAUST with cobra badges (SMH)

i say go for it
Old 03-12-2011, 03:36 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 0NF1R
just them prepainted...i ordered all my parts for the the old beast from Royal Oakk Ford in Michigan that was right down the road from Livonia.hood scoop b4 ..it cost me $1500 for front bumper, chin spoiler, and side skirts prepainted and shipped...the roush rear valance was around $350 shipped....i had the rear spoiler, louvers and hood scoop before i ordered everything else....
Did you have a shop custom make exhaust for you or did you get their exhaust kit? I remember reading some where on here in the past that it was easy for a muffler shop to dupe the Roush exhaust kit but that was sometime ago and my memory might not be correct.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:37 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by alkemist
Did you have a shop custom make exhaust for you...
Yep, he did!
By yours truly.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Would a Roush Body Kit be Poser-Ish?