Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

GT500 / CS Rear bumper.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Elcameeeno
1st Gear Member

Default GT500 / CS Rear bumper.

So some uninsured asshat creamed the rear of my '08 4.0. Since I am taked the uninsured motorist hit, I figured I'd upgrade to the GT500 rear bumper and do the dual exhaust thing.

Who has the best prices/availability for the bumper? Also, whats the current thinking on the best deal for an dual exhaust setup?

TIA,

Jon

Last edited by Elcameeeno; 03-10-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:19 AM
UpTo11
3rd Gear Member

Sorry for posting without help, but I am also in this predicament, looking for a CS bumper. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:32 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

The cheapest CS bumper I have seen is on late model restoration for $349 not painted.
I'm not sure how much it would cost to get it painted, but its a start.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:32 AM
kgrun4
2nd Gear Member

I've done some reading on the CS bumper as well. Many people buy there's from the dealer as the accessory kit, not replacement because they get a better price and also I think there is additional hardware needed to put on a V6 mustang. Also best deal on dual exhaust is pypes, you can get them for roughly $470 at AM, also they are on New Take Off for $299 plus shipping which they say is between $85 to $120 or something. Also NTO sells theirs on ebay starting at $299 plus $93 for shipping. Most of the time no one bids and when they sell they go for exactly the starting price, so if someone bid on them already just wait and they will be relisted.

I will probably buy mine off their ebay site when the time comes.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:47 AM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ Correct on all points.

Accessory kit is the way to go. If you want the sides of the bumper to match the V6 side skirts you need to get the GT500 bumper though or you can pick up painted GT sideskirts to match the CS bumper side panels.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:24 AM
awsomeaussies206
2nd Gear Member

I got mine from the dealer, they were cheaper then everywhere online... go figure. lol
Old 03-13-2011, 03:30 AM
ZoomyX
1st Gear Member

$277

http://www.tousleyfordparts.com/part...layCatalogid=0
Old 03-13-2011, 10:29 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Read this, its my post from the FAQ section of the forum. it will clear up any questions you mite have:

S197 FAQ PLEASE READ FIRST!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After having to explain this to allot of Mustang owners I figure it would be a good idea to put it here for those who are looking to do this mod. This is factual information gained from talking to a Ford parts dealer, others who have done this mod, looking at a GT500 rear bumper up close and my own real world experience. The myth is that the GT/CS and GT500 bumpers are two different bumpers when the fact is they are the very same bumper.

There are only two real differences, 1. How it’s painted. And 2. Cost. For some unknown reason Ford wants you to pay more for what they call their GT500 bumper but the funny part is that it costs more (paint wise) to have it like a GT/CS bumper. The GT500 stile takes less prep and less paint to do so why do they want so much more for it? The only answer I could come of with is that they want you to pay for the Shelby name.

Below is the direct quote from a Ford parts dealer who currently works at a Ford dealership as the part manager:

"Ok Here is the Lowdown on the Other Parts. Ford Really Has A Mess on there Hands With Service Replacement Parts and Genuine Ford Accessory Parts. Most Dealers are Unaware of the Accessory Parts so you Usually Get Quoted for the Service Replacement parts Vs the Accessory Parts. The Service Parts are More than the Accessory Parts And you get Less! The Service Parts are Just a Bare Cover Where the Accessory Kits Have Extra Goodies. If you Have a GT You Will be Good to Go With the Accessory Kits but if You Have A V6 you Will Need the Additional GT Pieces your V6 will need to get to GT Bumper Specs! I as A Rule do Not Often Post Parts Prices or Part Numbers Because they Change Regularly. In This Case I will Post FORDS Suggested Retail in Order to Give you the Best Deal when Purchasing these Parts Locally!

Ford Suggested Retail, Part Number, Description
$472.88 7r3z17d957aa GT/CS & SHELBY GT Service Bare FRONT Bumper.
$399.00 6R3Z-6320049-AA GT/CS & SHELBY GT Accessory Kit Front
Bumper.

$518.27 7r3z17k835aaptm GT/CS & Shelby GT Service Bare Rear Bumper.
$355.00 6R3Z-6320049-BA GT/CS & Shelby GT Accessory Rear Bumper

$ 596.00 7r3z17k835baptm GT-500 Rear Service Bumper.

No Quote Kit for true 500 Rear Bumper. The Only Difference between the CS and 500 Bumper is a Lot of Money and the Rear Diffuser. On A CS or Shelby Gt the Lower Center Diffuser As Viewed From Directly Behind the Center lower Section Only is Matte Black on a GT-500 The Lower Section is Black all the way around to Match the Matte Black rocker Panels. Other than That the Rear Covers are Identical! Do the Math and Make your Choice! I hope this Clears up the Bumper

I have the 6R3Z-6320049-BA GT/CS & Shelby GT Accessory Rear Bumper on my car and I ordered it threw a local body shop who got it for a little below the quoted Fords suggested retail price. I can tell you for a fact that the texture on the lower half is the very same as the GT500 which I verified by comparing directly to a GT500 bumper.

Now lets talk about that texture for a min because allot of people also asked me, “is there any special prep work that has to be done or, does that texture need to be removed prior to painting?” The answer is no to both. After the normal prep work is done and the paint is applied you can’t even tell it’s textured any more and it blends right in with the rest of your paint. Here are two pictures of mine bumper to show you what it looks like with the textured area on the lower sides painted. I hope this answers your questions and clears up the mystery surrounding this mod.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:05 PM
Elcameeeno
1st Gear Member

So if I buy PN# 6R3Z-6320049-BA that will give me everything the shop need to put the rear bumper on my '08 V6?
Old 03-16-2011, 10:19 PM
sonnier
2nd Gear Member

I bought mine on ebay for $300. It was a take-off from a wrecked GT/CS. The color was white and it was scratched but that wasn't a problem. I had it painted black and had other paintwork done at the same time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT500 / CS Rear bumper.