Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Ford-a-tude gauges installed

Old 04-03-2011, 05:06 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

Yes I did and I saw 3 different ones for the V8, but by looking at the pics they look the same?
Old 04-11-2011, 09:39 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

Well, Holy ****...I do have mycolor...Thanks JIMC (and everyone else) for showing me this...Crazy I never knew I had it...
Old 04-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by highline
Well, Holy ****...I do have mycolor...Thanks JIMC (and everyone else) for showing me this...Crazy I never knew I had it...
Easiest upgrade EVER
Old 04-12-2011, 06:54 AM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

i installed mine on friday, was a pretty straight forward install (about 2 hours). I used the write-up linked in this thread. There is a small issue of the color not being even, this looks like it is caused by the larger areas being exposed by the LEDs. Its not really a big deal, hardly noticeable. One thing that surprised me was the shape of the green turn-signal arrows, pretty sweet. Overall i am happy! Here is a picture...

edit: i took the picture with my cell phone, please overlook the quality. and i am stopping for gas on the way home from work.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:50 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

fuel gauge gets red when low/empty? pretty sweet looking
Old 04-12-2011, 08:10 AM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

yea when you have like 15 or 10 miles to empty.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:07 PM
JimC

You're welcome, glad you found your quick upgrade!
Old 04-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Ford-a-tude
2nd Gear Member

fuel gauge gets red when low/empty? pretty sweet looking
Now if I could just figure out a way to make the tach do that at redline...
Old 04-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Ford-a-tude
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by StickShifty
i installed mine on friday, was a pretty straight forward install (about 2 hours). I used the write-up linked in this thread. There is a small issue of the color not being even, this looks like it is caused by the larger areas being exposed by the LEDs. Its not really a big deal, hardly noticeable. One thing that surprised me was the shape of the green turn-signal arrows, pretty sweet. Overall i am happy! Here is a picture...

edit: i took the picture with my cell phone, please overlook the quality. and i am stopping for gas on the way home from work.
I'm glad you happy with it! I couldn't help myself, I had to tweak little things like the turn signal arrow shape. I'm still looking for a better way to even out the illumination of the center gauges. Your right about the larger area, the cluster was never designed to show that much lit area. I think any new designs I make will take that into consideration.

Thanks for posting pics!
Old 06-07-2011, 09:26 AM
StangMan001
2nd Gear Member

I ordered a gauge face from ford-a-tude in Km. I must say excellent work. I have no regrets on purchasing this item. I will not take this off of my car now, the looks are easily 1000x better than stock.

I followed the instructions & install was a breeze. I am running with the blue glow to them. I also must comment on 908ssp's comment. If you haven't seen these in person & lit up at night please don't put your 2 cents in. They don't interfere with night vision at all.

Once again I don't regret purchasing these. Craftsmanship & quality are amazing. Cudos's to you brother, awesome job....Highly recommended!!!

Rick

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ford-a-tude gauges installed