Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

put on my clear side markers!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 11:09 PM
jAAAmes
2nd Gear Member

Default put on my clear side markers!

ebay is such a good place to get little things like these. bought these for $21 shipped.

i thought the stock bulbs were red and didnt realize after putting them on they lit up white. so i just took a red sharpie and colored in the bulbs, but that didnt even last a few hours xD

does anybody else have these and did you switch them out for red bulbs? do you think the cops would make a big deal out of it if i left them white?

Last edited by jAAAmes; 03-23-2011 at 11:13 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:58 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jAAAmes
ebay is such a good place to get little things like these. bought these for $21 shipped.

i thought the stock bulbs were red and didnt realize after putting them on they lit up white. so i just took a red sharpie and colored in the bulbs, but that didnt even last a few hours xD

does anybody else have these and did you switch them out for red bulbs? do you think the cops would make a big deal out of it if i left them white?
When I bought my smoked corners I ordered red LED's with them... I'm not sure if cops will give you crap for it, but it doesn't look right with a white bulb in there IMO.

I ordered my red LEDs from Stangmods.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:16 AM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jAAAmes

By law the fronts are supposed to be amber and the rears are supposed to be red. So yeah... the cops can pull you over and give you a ticket. You can order the stealth bulbs from Stangmods.

Looks good by the way... I've always liked the clear corners look.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:19 AM
awsomeaussies206
2nd Gear Member

I don't know if any of you guys have checked out VLEDS.com ?? They have the brightest leds around. They arn't the cheapest, but they always have some kind of coupons going on. They got 15% off right now and a few weeks ago they had 50% off of everything including HIDS. Plus they stand behind there products... if there's a problem they'll replace it. I got there red marker lights and there like 5 times brighter then stock. lol I also have there license plate light and it's just as bright. I found them when I was looking for some brighter bulbs for my blacked out taillights... and before I tried the ebay ones and they weren't much brighter then stock, but there taillight bulbs are crazy bright. I bought a set of there HIDS for my boyfriends truck when they were 50% off and I got them for 30 bucks and there great! So check them out! Here's the marker lights I got....
http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/D...-p8194212.html
Old 03-24-2011, 01:18 PM
CountryGuy204
1st Gear Member

i just put my clear corners on as well. I went to autozone and they had red bulbs that worked however they aren't that bright. I already ordered some red leds, they should be here in a couple of days.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:25 PM
jAAAmes
2nd Gear Member

yeah the white light looks terrible haha, ill just drive around with them unplugged for now. thanks for the link =] i wanna replace lights all around with leds wherever i can
Old 03-24-2011, 03:05 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I would like to see some pics of this with the leds....clear corners in back are not my thing but look great on white or light colored cars!
Old 03-25-2011, 08:47 PM
HoorayBeer
2nd Gear Member

my clear corners dulled pretty fast. and the red bulbs make the light look pink..
Old 03-26-2011, 11:41 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

When I was considering smoked side markers for my alloy, I also found some bulbs that lit up red on ebay but I never pulled the trigger. I'm still considering clear markers for the g/f's Legend Lime so I may consider red LED's if I see more feedback about the standard red bulbs being inferior.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:07 PM
jAAAmes
2nd Gear Member

i went to kragen and picked up a pair of red bulbs for $4. the light does almost have a pinkish hue to it, definitely a lighter red than stock. but im satisfied with it. its not like OMG U HAVE PINK LIGHTS LOL, but it is a lighter shade of red. im sure than leds are the best way to go.

Quick Reply: put on my clear side markers!