Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

What's in a Medallion package?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 02:34 PM
digitalcos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
Yeah its definitely a flat out LIE from the dealership- Don't be surprised, they did it to me too my friend, told me "oh yeah your car has traction control, I promise =)" was a flat, to my face lie. And I hate people that lie about things like that.
So, are you saying your car doesn't have traction control?
Old 04-10-2011, 02:49 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Yeah the Medaillion Package is just a dealer promo and excuse to mark the car up. It's not legit from Ford.

As far as posting pictures here, the best way to do it is to go to a free hosting site like www.photobucket.com. Upload your pictures there. Once you have done that, then click on the IMG link and paste it here in a post. It's easy and FREE.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:16 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by digitalcos
So, are you saying your car doesn't have traction control?
Yeah sorry if I wasn't clear in my post, but when I asked them directly and over the phone 2 times (2 on the phone 2 in person) they stated, "Yes it does come with Traction Control", and I was content.

Went to get the car, and we were so swept up in the whole "I just got a sports car!!000" excitement that I forgot to check the dash (and I had no idea the ABS and trac stuff will be there" and 2 days after testing it out, my parents secretly bought it before I ever got on this forum or did any decent research...

Some could say I was lazy/stupid/or my family "jumped the gun" lol, but that doesn't diminish the fact that the dealers totally made stuff up to get a sale.

They ARE a nice dealership and the people are helpful/well priced maintenance and good warrant/etc. But they are now liars in my eyes- and to some customers that is everything.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:15 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Your car is gorgeous, and the pictures are pretty awesome too.
Other than the body kit and rims though, idk what the medallion package would be.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:07 PM
digitalcos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
Yeah sorry if I wasn't clear in my post, but when I asked them directly and over the phone 2 times (2 on the phone 2 in person) they stated, "Yes it does come with Traction Control", and I was content.

Went to get the car, and we were so swept up in the whole "I just got a sports car!!000" excitement that I forgot to check the dash (and I had no idea the ABS and trac stuff will be there" and 2 days after testing it out, my parents secretly bought it before I ever got on this forum or did any decent research...

Some could say I was lazy/stupid/or my family "jumped the gun" lol, but that doesn't diminish the fact that the dealers totally made stuff up to get a sale.

They ARE a nice dealership and the people are helpful/well priced maintenance and good warrant/etc. But they are now liars in my eyes- and to some customers that is everything.
The reason I ask is: if the car you're referring to is the 2008 V6 Pony that's in your sig, then yes, you have traction control. That is, unless there's a problem with your car. There should be a button on your dash that reads TCS

That's 'Traction Control System', if you push the button it will light up and read 'Off'. There are custom tunes that can turn the system off permanently, but generally, the system is always on.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:53 PM
JimC

Only the 2006 Pony package came with the TCS - in 2007 and later it became an optional safety package. So his 2008 very easily may not have TCS and ABS.

The 2006 model year Pony package was fully loaded - basically it is a GT with a V6 because the 2006 got some upgrades that either weren't done on later years (like the sway bars are from the GT in 2006, and in later years they are smaller like the V6) or parts of the package became options and otherwise it is an appearance package.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:44 PM
digitalcos
3rd Gear Member

Ah, I stand corrected then (well, actually 'sit' right now). I just assumed all S197s had the TCS standard. I was under the impression that my '07 was pretty much the most stripped down version of the V6 available, but I just checked my files, and my window sticker indeed lists 'Anti-Lock Brakes' and 'Traction Control' under 'Optional Equipment'. I had no idea. Learn something new every day, I guess.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:50 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Yeah, mine doesn't have the TCS light or button, nor the ABS... Kind of a bummer, but keeps things "interesting" during the winter haha.

Anyway OP, you should talk to the dealer (call em) and see what the medallion thing is all about, kinda interesting to see what they come up with lol
Old 04-10-2011, 09:59 PM
GlassVapor
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
Only the 2006 Pony package came with the TCS - in 2007 and later it became an optional safety package. So his 2008 very easily may not have TCS and ABS.

The 2006 model year Pony package was fully loaded - basically it is a GT with a V6 because the 2006 got some upgrades that either weren't done on later years (like the sway bars are from the GT in 2006, and in later years they are smaller like the V6) or parts of the package became options and otherwise it is an appearance package.
I have TCS and ABS on my non-pony package 06 LL
Old 04-11-2011, 10:24 AM
darlingnikki42

I just talked to the guy that sold it to me and i think this whole medallion thing might be a local garage upgrade or something but he was pretty unclear. Thanks for the link and the compliment. I came home from school for a weekend to drive her for the first time and im already back. sure does suck not being able to drive such a nice car when its urs, btw check it

Quick Reply: What's in a Medallion package?