Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Where to get my Mustang lowered??

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 04:20 PM
whitethunder09
1st Gear Member

Default Where to get my Mustang lowered??

Hello fellow Mustangers! You guys have helped me alot with all of my ?'s that I have recently Asked and For my first Mod I am going with the CAI and a Tuner that I got for a really good deal on craigslist. But I was looking at A before and After picture thread and it was amazing, and I want to get in on it. So I'm going to get more into the appearance aspect of my car and I want to lower my car first being as I think that that's the thing that will make my car look the best but I have no idea where to go to do thatt?? HELPP.
BTW You guys are awesome! Thanks in advance!

P.S. will have some pics of my mustang stock and the CAI that I am getting.
Old 04-10-2011, 11:22 PM
lunyou
2nd Gear Member

Go find some lowering springs. I've seen a lot of good said about Eibach. They have at least two levels. Sportline and pro. The sport is like 2+ inches drop and recommended for race type use while the pro is for daily driving, 1-1.5 drop.

If you can turn a wrench and read instructions you'll be able to replace springs.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:44 AM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

+1 on doing it yourself. I was quoted $500.00 to install springs and shocks/struts on top of the $700.00 it cost for the parts. I changed the shocks/struts and springs. There are plenty of videos and tutorials that show how to do it. Just take a couple weeks and read everything you can on the subject. It really isn't that hard to do... all you need is the tools.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:43 AM
whitethunder09
1st Gear Member

Wow $500!!?? I really want to do it my self and I am planning on doing that but once it is lowered is it possible to get it back up?? I dont have much mechanical experience so do you think i could install it in the first place??
Old 04-14-2011, 10:46 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

I had several guys from our local Mustang group help me out with my Eibach Pro-Kit install. FYI, You will need a strut spring compressor for the front springs.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:14 PM
adidas04
2nd Gear Member

I was have been quoted $250 for install from a very reputable mustang tuner near me. You can go lower than 500 for install i'm sure. As for the springs, you'll have to search and find pics of cars similar to your own with different spring set ups. I personally prefer the look of the Steeda sports over the Eibachs. You'll want to figure out how low you want to go and how much you care about performance vs. just the look. Use that search bar and stop by the handling section too...there a lot of very knowledgeable suspension guys in that hang out there.
Let us know what you end up doing!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:29 PM
whitethunder09
1st Gear Member

250 is a really good price for installing lowering springs right? I want to get it lowered but not scrape the ground every time I went over a small bump. Im still looking for lowering springs on American Muscle. And trust me I have been hanging out in pretty much every section of these forums haha. For My first appearance mods I was thinking about lowering it and putting black rims on it? I also have a GT spoiler but it doesnt look very different from the stock one. Any other ideas?? I am looking for things easy to install and under $1000. Also I would have pics but It never lets me put a picture on my sig?? it just shows a red X
Old 04-15-2011, 10:39 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

If you're worried about scraping, I wouldn't go too low then. Once you go below 1.5" you're going to need further adjustments to the suspension system.

There are plenty of things to install. I do like to get free catalogs and just browse through them to give me ideas.

You need an image hoster to put a picture in your sig, such as photo bucket, image shack, etc. Then you put in the link to your image when you edit your signature. There are also size constraints.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:43 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

FYI, If you purchase a used tuner from Craiglist, make sure the owner sets his car back to stock and the tuner is unlocked!! Otherwise, you would have to pay to have the tuner unlocked.
What CAI are you getting?
Old 04-15-2011, 10:59 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevinmalec
FYI, If you purchase a used tuner from Craiglist, make sure the owner sets his car back to stock and the tuner is unlocked!! Otherwise, you would have to pay to have the tuner unlocked.
What CAI are you getting?
He actually went through that ordeal.. fried his PCM and had to go to the dealer to get it flashed back to stock. The guy whom he purchased the tuner from never returned the car back to stock, OP tried to put the tune on his car..

It has now been recommended to purchase a new tuner package from Brenspeed or AM/Bama.

Quick Reply: Where to get my Mustang lowered??