Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

New appearance mods installed, just in time for Summer

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Lol I know what you mean since I have joined this forum every extra bit of money I have had has went toward modding my car! Stupid mod bug.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:19 AM
MustangMan1718
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
Lol I know what you mean since I have joined this forum every extra bit of money I have had has went toward modding my car! Stupid mod bug.
This is the other thing that I've noticed about myself since I started browsing this forum. I figured it would be like any other forum where I just read casually and learn a thing or two. Instead, it has reignited my passion for my car and has made my change my plans about a million-and-a-half times now for what I want to do.

It's gotten to the point to where it now affects every aspect of my life where I contemplate every dollar I spend as I see it as a potential mod or down-payment going down the drain. It also drives my girlfriend crazy as she doesn't see cars as anything other a transportation device and I talk her ear off about things that she doesn't understand. I guess that just counter-balances how I feel when she shows me vintage dresses that go on sale from one of her favorite websites. It's just a shame that my car buddies tend to hate Mustangs, so I can't talk to them about them. So it just means that my girlfriend wins the burden by default.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:33 AM
HitandRunDriver

Originally Posted by MustangMan1718
It's just a shame that my car buddies tend to hate Mustangs, so I can't talk to them about them.
get new ones
Old 05-05-2011, 05:50 AM
Javdog
3rd Gear Member

Very nice good job with your new mods...
Old 05-05-2011, 06:54 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

I'd probably go with the plastic ones if I did it but you have a good point about them flying off because of the weight, but at the same time I think at speeds for it to flyoff the aluminum one will go too!

BTW, I really like what you got going on there!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:42 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

You are set for a car show!
Old 05-05-2011, 11:37 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
I'd probably go with the plastic ones if I did it but you have a good point about them flying off because of the weight, but at the same time I think at speeds for it to flyoff the aluminum one will go too!

BTW, I really like what you got going on there!
Even going up to 75mph (fastest I've gone this week) the louver is sturdy although the blades flex a little due to the air flow and I would be confident taking these up to 95mph. However, past that I might get a little nervous... Then again, odds are that if I'm going over 90mph I would be at the track and these louvers would definitely be uninstalled before the run haha. And thank you! Your ride isn't exactly a beater either haha. I wish I had a color other than vista or windveil blue so I could've blacked out components of my car instead of being forced to choose between silver or white... I love the blacked out lights and dark tint you've got going on.

Thanks Tpony and Javdog, I don't think I'll be going to any car shows recently as I don't have the time nor the patience to clean my door jams half the time, let alone every inch of my interior haha.

MustangMan, I know how you feel! Every time I used to talk to my last ex about anything the like of cars, she would make fun of me by waiting intently until I had said everything I wanted to, then said "I have no idea what you just said". Frikin jerk haha.

Taking her up to the local car bay really soon to wash her then apply my AmericanMuscle windshield banner. More (better) pics to come!
Old 05-05-2011, 12:57 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Looks good! great job!
Old 05-05-2011, 01:02 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangMan1718
This is the other thing that I've noticed about myself since I started browsing this forum. I figured it would be like any other forum where I just read casually and learn a thing or two. Instead, it has reignited my passion for my car and has made my change my plans about a million-and-a-half times now for what I want to do.

It's gotten to the point to where it now affects every aspect of my life where I contemplate every dollar I spend as I see it as a potential mod or down-payment going down the drain. It also drives my girlfriend crazy as she doesn't see cars as anything other a transportation device and I talk her ear off about things that she doesn't understand. I guess that just counter-balances how I feel when she shows me vintage dresses that go on sale from one of her favorite websites. It's just a shame that my car buddies tend to hate Mustangs, so I can't talk to them about them. So it just means that my girlfriend wins the burden by default.
Are there any Mustang Clubs near you? If so, I would suggest joining. It's a lot of fun getting together with other Mustang enthusiast that share the same passion. You can make friends, learn a lot and have fun! Just a thought. ;-)
Old 05-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
Taking her up to the local car bay really soon to wash her then apply my AmericanMuscle windshield banner. More (better) pics to come!
Word of advice on the banner, cut it in half while it's on the paper and do it in 2 pieces. That way it's easier to get it straight. I tried to get it on straight in one piece and it didn't go well so I ripped it off and bought another

Quick Reply: New appearance mods installed, just in time for Summer