Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Pics of my car...opinions needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 09:05 PM
poopile
1st Gear Member

Default Pics of my car...opinions needed

I've had my car for 6 months now and I'm looking for opinions on what to do next. An extra set of eyes sometimes keeps you from making a mistake and wasting your money. I know it's still pretty plain jane, but I'm not really looking for over the top anyway (I did buy white after all...) Here's my limited mods so far. I got a tuner with a Bama 91 race tune and a FRPP CAI. Performance wise, that's it. When I got it, it had nasty, torn up black stripes on top and the sides. I removed them and discovered that they had ruined the paint on the hood and front bumper. Out of necessity, I put the new stripe on the hood to cover up the damaged paint. Now it's kind of grown on me. I sort of fixed the bumper with Duplicolor, but it still needs a professional repaint. I also painted the chin flat black and installed the GT500 rear spoiler. For my next mod, I'm thinking about a shifter, quarter window louvers, a rear black out, clear corners or a set of Agent 47 mirrors. What do you guys think? Thanks for your help.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:11 PM
05SatinSilverGT
2nd Gear Member

What's your budget, is this all something you are wanting to do soon or just 1 at a time? It all depends if you want performance or looks, the MGW would be a great addition but I think some window louvers & a blackout panel such as the CDC would set your car off nicely.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:20 PM
poopile
1st Gear Member

I'm doing it a piece at a time as the budget allows. I usually have a couple of hundred bucks at a time. That puts the shifter a little out of reach unless I track down a used Hurst. I've looked at Pro 5.0 and they seem decent. The MGW would be the best I'm sure.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:36 PM
jAAAmes
2nd Gear Member

i was considering painting that little strip on the bottom of the front bumper too, now that i see what the result looks like i definitely will do that also. looks really good man. another inexpensive subtle touch might be smoked or clear front turn signals. you could get a set on ebay for 30-40 bucks shipped
Old 07-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

The super snake stripe looks really good.
Tinted turn signals, a decklid panel, louvers and black tailight bezels would look awesome.
Black rims would looks awesome. You could just paint them yourself.
Black and white is sexxxy.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:45 PM
poopile
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jAAAmes
i was considering painting that little strip on the bottom of the front bumper too, now that i see what the result looks like i definitely will do that also. looks really good man. another inexpensive subtle touch might be smoked or clear front turn signals. you could get a set on ebay for 30-40 bucks shipped
Thanks. It was an easy mod. I was really looking at the clear corners, but by the time you buy front and rear, plus the stealth bulbs, there's a little money involved. Thought maybe louvers would have more impact.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:46 PM
mystangisblack
2nd Gear Member

I think some black Bullitt rims would look dirty...maybe 19s? idk, i'm not a big fan of those ones you got now, too much tire, not enough rim. I like low profile
Old 07-09-2011, 09:48 PM
poopile
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
The super snake stripe looks really good.
Tinted turn signals, a decklid panel, louvers and black tailight bezels would look awesome.
Black rims would looks awesome. You could just paint them yourself.
Black and white is sexxxy.
Thanks. I like your black billet grille, too. That was another thing on the list. I don't really care for my fogs or the factory grille. I think I'd rather do clear corners so they blend in. I think tinted corners on a white car sticks out to much. I'm looking to hide them.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:50 PM
mystangisblack
2nd Gear Member

Sorry, I failed to read your budget comment. Rims get pretty pricey, especially if you need new tires to go with. I really think these would look good though.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/19x85-...lack-9410.html
Old 07-09-2011, 09:53 PM
poopile
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mystangisblack
I think some black Bullitt rims would look dirty...maybe 19s? idk, i'm not a big fan of those ones you got now, too much tire, not enough rim. I like low profile
I here ya. I'm kinda old school, though. I like a little sidewall. I haven't seen them in person (I live in the boonies), but in pictures the black bullitts look to me like you can't see the spokes. Sounds silly I'm sure, but it's like you just can't see any detail, just a black blob.

Quick Reply: Pics of my car...opinions needed