Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Need a next appearance mod suggestion!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 02:39 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Default Need a next appearance mod suggestion!

So I'm thinking about the next mod and what I want to re-do is do my front end all at once. Clear turn signals, clear side markers, tinted fogs, and the billet grille with the hidden fog lights from DG custom.

http://www.dgcustomauto.com/product....categoryId=403

Do you all think this is the right move to make? Or is there something else more pressing that I should address?

And just for funsies, here's a walk around I've been wanting to do for a while now. Maybe it'll help you come up with some options. Open to anything but neon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reLJoiO0XMw
Old 08-05-2011, 03:23 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Sounds like a good idea to me, Mad.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Hotwheelracer
3rd Gear Member

I am a little more of a "bling" lover. Go chrome and clear! I love the look on Vista blue. I have removed the rocker stickers since the pics, just gotta get my chin spoiler painted and put on.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:14 PM
usc49erfan
2nd Gear Member

If you like the clear turns that is fine, personally I like the tinted version, but to each his own. Other than that I would recommend going to Agent 47 mirrors, rather than just the mirror caps. you can also paint the calipers, get side scoops,etc.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:22 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hotwheelracer
I am a little more of a "bling" lover. Go chrome and clear! I love the look on Vista blue. I have removed the rocker stickers since the pics, just gotta get my chin spoiler painted and put on.
Thanks Tanner and Hotwheel. I don't know, I guess I'll have to try to get it chopped in there to see which grille looks better. I loved my previous billet grille but I'm still not sure which would look better...
Old 08-05-2011, 04:38 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by usc49erfan
If you like the clear turns that is fine, personally I like the tinted version, but to each his own. Other than that I would recommend going to Agent 47 mirrors, rather than just the mirror caps. you can also paint the calipers, get side scoops,etc.
The only reason why I would go with the clears is because I don't think the tinted lights would look good on the silver on blue set up I have right now... Believe me, I love the tinted corners a lot better. Those agent 47s look like they go for 220 a pair unpainted... kind of steep. Painted calipers ain't a bad idea though...
Old 08-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

I'm not really a fan of clear turn signals, IMHO I think they stand out way too much with a blue car.
I think it would look good with tinted turns even if you do go with a lighter colored grille.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:42 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Tinted turn signals would look really good with your front chin spoiler! If you decide to tint the turn signals, you may want to tint the tail lights as well. I love your cowl hood, looks really aggressive! Have you thought about lowering the Stang?
Old 08-05-2011, 06:42 PM
Hotwheelracer
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
Thanks Tanner and Hotwheel. I don't know, I guess I'll have to try to get it chopped in there to see which grille looks better. I loved my previous billet grille but I'm still not sure which would look better...
If you're going with a black grille, I say tint 'em, if you go chrome grille, go with the clears. Seems like you like the chrome/silver look. Old grill-chrome, wheels-silver, stripes-silver. Just noticing a little pattern! Not saying you can't change it up a little though.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:05 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
I'm not really a fan of clear turn signals, IMHO I think they stand out way too much with a blue car.
I think it would look good with tinted turns even if you do go with a lighter colored grille.
I can see what you're talking about tanner and kevin, it would sort of distract from the other aspects of the car... whereas the tinted would look better than the orange... However, if I'm going to tint the turns and the fogs, would tinting the rest of the lights look good? Would the tinted tails and side markers be too much? Clashing with the silver and blue? I'm heading over to the chop shop now haha

Quick Reply: Need a next appearance mod suggestion!