Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Candy Reds w/ Matte Black Racing Stripes

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 04:49 PM
Biceps
3rd Gear Member

Default Candy Reds w/ Matte Black Racing Stripes

If you've got pics, I'd love to see them!

I've got an '08 Candy Red V6 that's supercharged with an X-Charger. Looking to put that finishing touch on with some racing stripes.

If you have gloss black racing stripes, I'd love to see those too!

Thanks guys!
Old 08-22-2011, 06:51 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Sorry, I don't have what you are looking for, mines a darker red stripe.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:30 PM
Biceps
3rd Gear Member

Wow, that looks so surreal and awesome and down right beastly at the same time. Beautiful car! Those racing stripes are so subtle yet so menacing at the same time. Love it
Old 08-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

The matte black will look AWESOME too my friend!
BTW they will look better than gloss by far I think.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:27 AM
Biceps
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
The matte black will look AWESOME too my friend!
BTW they will look better than gloss by far I think.
I'm really loving the matte black look now. Really hope I can get some pics of a candy red with the matte black stripes. Google images only turns up so many search results before it's all irrelevant.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:46 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Wish I could help with an actual pic.
There is a site where you can customize stripes and see what they would look like but it is a computer image so still not quite a reality shot.

We had matte black stripes on our black 06GT.
I loved them and just could not get over how sick they looked!
Here's some pics: The stripes go all the way down. That's why I posted the first pic. The others were kinda hard to see that with the sun
against both black shades:

I love the charcoal grey stripes on out Shelby BUT I wish they were matte black.
I don't want to change the stock color combo though but who knows if I will keep such strict stock look specs.
I am still thinking the current GT500 will end up being a classic. Especially the stock ones.

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 08-23-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old 08-23-2011, 11:41 AM
Biceps
3rd Gear Member

@Blacksmoke,

Wow, that's a beautiful car. The subtlety to the matte black racing stripes on the shiny black paint....awesome!

That's one of the most tasteful, well thought out black mustangs I've ever seen. Nice work! I bet you're enjoying that GT500 though!!!
Old 08-26-2011, 12:52 AM
Biceps
3rd Gear Member

Bump. Where are all the candy reds at?
Old 08-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by Biceps
@Blacksmoke,

Wow, that's a beautiful car. The subtlety to the matte black racing stripes on the shiny black paint....awesome!

That's one of the most tasteful, well thought out black mustangs I've ever seen. Nice work! I bet you're enjoying that GT500 though!!!

WOW thanks!
Such a great compliment!

It was hard to part with that car after all the hard work we put into it.
I had a truckload of performance mods in it too.

I promised myself the ONLY way we would ever trade that car up was if we found a sweet deal on a 05-09 GT500.
We NEVER though we would get our hands on one that was both affordable and had low miles. I guess you never know what the future holds!

P.S. If it hadn't of been black, I probably would NOT have traded.
That's how HOOKED I am on black Mustangs. I just think they look MEAN.
I also wanted that color stripe that is on ours OR a matte black one but they only made the matte black with the Super Snake for a 05-09.

The stripe on the GT500 is SOO close to looking matte black on it.
In the proper light you can't tell the difference but when it's out in the sun you can easily tell its a dark charcoal and not matte black.
We thought about changing it but thought it would be better to keep it original just in case the car does become a collector and a different color might lower the value some. We REALLY do like this stripe but
I don't think it is as good looking as the matte black. VERY close
but not quite lol!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Biceps
3rd Gear Member

@Blacksmoke,

You're welcome. Seriously, I see way too many black mustangs that go WAY overkill on the black-out theme to the point that I feel like I'm looking at a black blob of metal. All the detail gets lost.

You did a great job adding black where black was needed (Wheels, stripes) and keeping the chrome and opposing colors in balance. Seriously, beautiful concept and execution.

I personally love black mustangs and I'll be purchasing a black stang next. My current is a 2008 supercharged V6 and I have a lot of mods into it that both myself and my father have worked on. So there's a lot of sentimental value for me, as this is the first car I've ever purchased on my own.

However, I really don't want to part with it yet so I'm not sure at what point I'd be comfortable doing so. I guess, like you, I need to figure that out when the time is right.

I think your new GT500 looks like a BEAST. Would love to own one some day! Congrats on the car. I'm sure it's a head-turner where ever you roll.

Quick Reply: Candy Reds w/ Matte Black Racing Stripes