Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Freshly Detailed

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 04:44 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Car looks amazing dude! Btw, what tint do you have on those tails? Your sig just says tint, and I wasn't sure what percent or brand it was... Just curious since I was planning on some tinting soon.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:39 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

VERY CLEAN bro!
I always say... nothing looks as mean as a black mustang. Especially a clean one!

BTW.. what are you doing without a chin spoiler/splitter?
You GOTTA get one and put it on that baby.

If you don't wanna worry about chips or scrapes just go to your dealership and
order a splitter from a 07-09 GT500.
They can be modded to fit a GT with just a little trimming job AND the best part is they dont have to be painted and don't show scrapes or chips. Even better... they only cost about 90 bucks compared to the over 200-250 bucks or more you would have to spend on a painted one. And they look just as good.

I'm telling you it will make the front of our car look SO MUCH more AGGRESSIVE.
Here's of pic of the 06GT we used to have with a GT500 splitter put on it.
This was before the rest of our mods were done but can you see just how much more aggressive it looks with that splitter on under the bumper? And the pic does not do it justice. When you see it in real life the difference is just ALMOST indescribable!
Old 09-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Headlight splitters can make it look more aggressive too.
Id stay away from putting the headlights on that actually have two little head lights one on top of each other. They are just kinda too far out there in my opinion.
The headlight splitters go on easy. They come with 3M tape so you just measure to make sure the height is the same for each headlight and your are ready to go!
With the splitters:

Again great job on the detail my friend! You DEFINITELY got her looking so shiny it looked like a black mirror!
Bravo on a job well done!
Old 09-01-2011, 05:46 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

very nice my man...
Old 09-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
Car looks amazing dude! Btw, what tint do you have on those tails? Your sig just says tint, and I wasn't sure what percent or brand it was... Just curious since I was planning on some tinting soon.

I used the VHT nightshades. One can at Orielly's for about ten bucks. As long as you go over it with a light sanding and then light coats, in between letting them dry ten minutes in between each spray and use some clear coat on it after, they look VERY professional and last forever!

I used 3 light coats of the nightshade to get them dark enough to look pretty close to black during the day, but enough to let light through at night.

Do NOT tint your headlights TOO dark. You really run into the risk of getting pulled over at night or causing you to get rear ended by someone.
Can't say how important it is not to COMPLETELY black them out.
You need both the break lights able to be seen by by others at night, but also your reverse lights. Safety first. ALWAYS.

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 09-01-2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:56 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
I used the VHT nightshades. One can at Orielly's for about ten bucks. As long as you go over it with a light sanding and then light coats, in between letting them dry ten minutes in between each spray and use some clear coat on it after, they look VERY professional and last forever!

I used 3 light coats of the nightshade to get them dark enough to look pretty close to black during the day, but enough to let light through at night.

Do NOT tint your headlights TOO dark. You really run into the risk of getting pulled over at night or causing you to get rear ended by someone.
Can't say how important it is not to COMPLETELY black them out.
You need both the break lights able to be seen by by others at night, but also your reverse lights. Safety first. ALWAYS.
Ah thanks man. I was thinking some REALLY light tint because I'm still a college student and my insurance is high enough with 0 tickets LOL. Gonna just tint the turn signals and knock out the rear lights at the same time, but anyway, thanks a bunch man! I'm loving your new gt500 btw, looks very mean regardless of how stock it may be.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Warpig12354
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the comments everyone! Ill definately look into getting that splitter. The only thing is that my bumper is tearing on the bottom from the previous owner who went over a parking curb and backed out over it and its a pretty nasty gash. And my taillights are just smoked.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:28 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Warpig12354
Thanks for the comments everyone! Ill definately look into getting that splitter. The only thing is that my bumper is tearing on the bottom from the previous owner who went over a parking curb and backed out over it and its a pretty nasty gash. And my taillights are just smoked.
Adding a chin spoiler may help reinforce and cover up the damaged bumper. ;-)
Old 09-08-2011, 07:53 AM
Warpig12354
3rd Gear Member

I was actually thinking about patching/reinforcing it with fiber glass this weekend. I can get everything I need for about $50. Thoughts? Comments? Concerns?
Old 09-08-2011, 11:17 AM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
Ah thanks man. I was thinking some REALLY light tint because I'm still a college student and my insurance is high enough with 0 tickets LOL. Gonna just tint the turn signals and knock out the rear lights at the same time, but anyway, thanks a bunch man! I'm loving your new gt500 btw, looks very mean regardless of how stock it may be.
i dont think a tint ticket would make your insurance go up bc its a non moving violation. i think lol

Quick Reply: Freshly Detailed