Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Fresh wash and wax so it's time for a photoshoot

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 06:55 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Thank you everyone!

Red, I've thought about the wheels, trust me. But I'm looking at at least a 600 buck price tag plus mount and balance, and that money I'd rather have go elsewhere, like the DG custom grille and new rear end. I'd love to change it up but it's just not on the top of my list. However, the drop I've been considering. with those springs however, I want dampers as well. Leave it to vibrations class to remind me about the dynamics and responses of spring-damper systems. I'd crunch the numbers, but I've dealt with enough of those already today haha. And that's going to set me back another 600, ballpark.

Tanner, thank you for the offer, but I'm going to wait until this weekend when I can put on my headlight tint! Then I'll clean her up again, take some more pics, and send 'em your way haha

Blacksmoke, you have no idea how many times I've gone back and forth between those things. I'll get a chop after I put on my headlight tint to see how it looks! 120 bucks is pretty steep for 2 pieces of painted strips though.

Yall make it really hard to save up for that 8.8, I tell ya what.

Side note: Today I saw an 05 GT with the same hood, same side louvers and same rear louver. I felt not so original haha. Also had a Chevy SSR SS rev at me in heavy traffic. I laughed directly at him and went on my merry way. Thought that might give you all a chuckle or two.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:00 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
Thank you everyone!

Red, I've thought about the wheels, trust me. But I'm looking at at least a 600 buck price tag plus mount and balance, and that money I'd rather have go elsewhere, like the DG custom grille and new rear end. I'd love to change it up but it's just not on the top of my list. However, the drop I've been considering. with those springs however, I want dampers as well. Leave it to vibrations class to remind me about the dynamics and responses of spring-damper systems. I'd crunch the numbers, but I've dealt with enough of those already today haha. And that's going to set me back another 600, ballpark.

Tanner, thank you for the offer, but I'm going to wait until this weekend when I can put on my headlight tint! Then I'll clean her up again, take some more pics, and send 'em your way haha

Blacksmoke, you have no idea how many times I've gone back and forth between those things. I'll get a chop after I put on my headlight tint to see how it looks! 120 bucks is pretty steep for 2 pieces of painted strips though.

Yall make it really hard to save up for that 8.8, I tell ya what.

Side note: Today I saw an 05 GT with the same hood, same side louvers and same rear louver. I felt not so original haha. Also had a Chevy SSR SS rev at me in heavy traffic. I laughed directly at him and went on my merry way. Thought that might give you all a chuckle or two.
Thats understandable man, like I'm sure you heard a bunch with the springs/shocks do it all at once! I sure as hell wish I did! Lol!
Old 09-02-2011, 07:11 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Damn Blacksmoke, I just remembered about Waldo's changes to his ride and his splitters with the tinted lights look flat out amazing! Sold! haha

Yea, Red, I sure have. I've been going back and forth between just buying the springs, or springs/dampers, and I've received opinions on both sides of the fence. I've decided to play it safe though and grab the dampers since this is my DD. She breaks down, I can't get across town to get to work! haha
Old 09-02-2011, 07:22 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
Damn Blacksmoke, I just remembered about Waldo's changes to his ride and his splitters with the tinted lights look flat out amazing! Sold! haha

Yea, Red, I sure have. I've been going back and forth between just buying the springs, or springs/dampers, and I've received opinions on both sides of the fence. I've decided to play it safe though and grab the dampers since this is my DD. She breaks down, I can't get across town to get to work! haha
Lol I DD my car! I had stock struts/shocks for roughly 12k miles and they had more left in them, I have the eibach pro-kit. But you're right, just do them at the same time lol. I think the reason why I have some small suspension noise is because of the amount of times I've taken it apart and put it back together!
Old 09-02-2011, 07:35 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
Lol I DD my car! I had stock struts/shocks for roughly 12k miles and they had more left in them, I have the eibach pro-kit. But you're right, just do them at the same time lol. I think the reason why I have some small suspension noise is because of the amount of times I've taken it apart and put it back together!
Yessir. I plan on keeping this car at least until the 2014s come out (we'll see if I like 'em or not) so I feel that this will save me some time in the long run. Now when I finally do pull the trigger on 'em, I'll either have the jack stands and torque wrench already and do it myself, or if I don't I'll either invest or swing by Pascal's shop and give him some funds for his time teaching me how to install the set-up.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:02 AM
whitethunder09
1st Gear Member

Awesome looking ride man! Love the window louvers =)
Old 09-03-2011, 07:51 AM
2007bluestang
4th Gear Member

Mad don't order the headlight splitters. I have the xpel front tint and it sits flush with the bumper so the headlight splitters don't fit as well. I'm on my phone but if you want you can pm me your email and ill send you a pic if what I mean. When you put them on there is a gap between the splitters and bumper. Just trying to save you some money possibly

And i have the dark smoke on a Vista blue, looks good
Old 09-03-2011, 09:31 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Thanks whitethunder, I don't know how I ever lived without 'em haha.

2007blue, PM sent
Old 09-04-2011, 10:46 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Xpel tint applied. This stuff is thick! I'm sure when I'm traveling down I-75 that anything smaller than a boulder won't be taking one of my lights out.

Here's updated pics as of this morning. Still no rear shots as I didn't take her to a nice location for a shoot.

Thank you Baker and 2007Blue for steering me in the right direction!
Old 09-04-2011, 02:07 PM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

That really looks good MadStang!

Quick Reply: Fresh wash and wax so it's time for a photoshoot