Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Brand new DG black billet grille

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 09:56 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Thanks Tanner! Yea, I'll clean her up next weekend and take some more legitimate shots with a better camera.

Thanks Redfire! I am considering some new wheels. I might pick up a set next year when I have to get new tires. The ones I have now are getting scraped up from highway driving and are just starting to deteriorate. I just have to determine what style I want. I'll be visiting the chop shop when it comes around that time to determine if I want to go with a black staggered or polished/anthracite staggered set up!

Black, I know what you mean, I got these wheels when I was still in high school because they didn't look bad and were cheap. However, you get what you pay for! I'll be picking up a staggered set in the future. I thought about the black billet that shows the fogs, but I thought that this grille was so unique and tough looking, that I just couldn't pass it up haha.

Thanks soldier and firstcar! The cop isn't an ***, nothing to worry about haha.

MineralGray, I've got someone else interested in the grilles right now that's gotta get back to me. Grilles have some chips in it from being a DD. But all in all, heave held up pretty nicely. I'll PM you here in a second with pics.

Mayo, it was really nerve-racking drilling into the nice new bumper, but measure twice and cut first! I'll definitely look into those 10th anniversary wheels. However, my main requirement besides the wheel having to look good will be how easy they are to clean!
Old 10-02-2011, 10:13 AM
WildAzCat
2nd Gear Member

Tough looking front end. I really like it. I think black wheels would be sweet but only if the stripes were re-done in flat black...
Old 10-02-2011, 05:36 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WildAzCat
Tough looking front end. I really like it. I think black wheels would be sweet but only if the stripes were re-done in flat black...
Thanks cat! Yea not gonna happen haha. Those stripes are painted on. Perhaps black wheels with a chrome lip? Im digging some of the deep dishes on AM. That and some nitto 555s... oh it'll look good, especially after I lower this thing this year.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:30 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Now the little honey comb pieces in the bumper look at of place...
Same treatment for those as well?
Old 10-02-2011, 09:12 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Now the little honey comb pieces in the bumper look at of place...
Same treatment for those as well?
Hey, point me in the right direction and I'll ****** 'em up! Btw, still looking for Tokico HP series dampers, and still haven't found them anywhere in stock. The search continues.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:58 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Do you still have your lower billet grille?
We can rig some up.

Also, what about Koni instead?
Old 10-03-2011, 07:47 AM
drfister
3rd Gear Member

Nice grill. Your car is looking great now. For wheels though I gotta agree with some of the others; with your car go chrome. It'll just fit better with your blue car and white stripes. Not saying the black rims (w/ polished lip) wont look hot but your car will just flow better with the chrome rims. I like how the fogs are hidden in the grill, very slick.
Old 10-03-2011, 12:45 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Looks nice and clean! Great job!
Old 10-03-2011, 02:38 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Thanks guys! And pascal, your PM makes sense now haha sorry about that. Wheels won't be for another 9 months to a year as I'll need to make a tire purchase then. I'll look into those Koni's...
Old 10-03-2011, 05:54 PM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Do you still have your lower billet grille?
We can rig some up.
Yep, gotta get those to match for the full effect. Somebody man up with the dremel.

Quick Reply: Brand new DG black billet grille