Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's
View Poll Results: What color calipers with black bullitt wheels on a black car?
Leave Stock
2.13%
Red
65.96%
Silver
17.02%
Ford Racing Blue
14.89%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Black Wheels with painted calipers???

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 08:39 AM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Red or black...coinflip.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:12 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

No offense to anyone on here, but red calipers is really over done. Every ricer tooling around my town has red (or bright purple for some reason) calipers. To each his own, but personally my vote is to black, or even silver.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:50 PM
aerbourne
2nd Gear Member

i really like blue...but im not a fan of painting calipers at all. if you want different colored ones, get aftermarket brakes (even though its pretty expensive), otherwise, i just feel like you are putting gt stickers on a v6...<just an analogy ftr, i know gts dont have colored calipers, so dont jump on me lol
Old 10-28-2011, 03:34 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

I chose black paint for my calipers. I would have considered red, if I had red accents on my car (red leather interior, red stripes/decals, red emblem and etc.)

Last edited by kevinmalec; 10-28-2011 at 03:37 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:44 PM
08 Pony Package
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07BLACKGT
RED!

Car looks great... and red calipers would make it look even better. DO IT.

07BLACKGT...you pretty much made my decision for me...your car is sweet.

I realize you have a GT and red leather....but....I am going to get some crushed velour throw pillows, remove the stuffing and cover my headrests...just to have a matching accent. Saw this tip on Project Runway last night...LOL.

Believe me...not making a tongue in cheek comment because your red leather is awesome and does make the red calipers look even sharper.

The black calipers look good on chrome or alloy but not on black wheels. I really was hoping everyone would validate my first choice...the Ford Racing Blue...but I am getting little feedback and feel I would look like I am trying too hard to stand out.

The comment about being a poser if red calipers on stock brakes...well....I guess some may think that, but I won't. Also...all the ricers can kiss my ***.....don't care about them as most of them are about 17 years old anyways.

I used to have an '01 True Blue Bullitt...it had red stock calipers and I loved the look.

I think other than red....the only other color I may consider now is silver. Anyone out there got silver calipers with black wheels? Please post a pic.

Thanks for all the input.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:19 PM
kevilay
2nd Gear Member

blue calipers are nice But i guess thats the accent on my car

Old 10-28-2011, 08:48 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

I have a yellow car and I went with red...it's just whatever you think looks best.

*Emblems aren't there anymore. I filled the holes and went with an emblem delete.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:14 AM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

You never put black in your poll choices... my opinion is, when your eyes are attracted to a bright colored caliper,it detracts from the smooth lines of the car...
Old 10-29-2011, 06:15 AM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

I thought about this as well and decided I liked the raw look - so I left them alone. As someone mentioned already, it draws attention to the brakes instead of the wheels and the car in general.

Old 10-29-2011, 06:39 AM
08 Pony Package
2nd Gear Member

Kevilay...your blue on white looks awesome...I wanted a white mustang....but stumpled upon this black one that had super low miles and at a decent price....that black is hard to keep clean...but anyways...your blue looks good....I might do it on mine but I am leaning heavily to red.

bakerjd...your red calipers look classic..even on a yellow car

kzonts...I disagree with your notion....wouldn't you then think the 1/4 louvers detract from the overall look of the car (even though they are color matched), it is something different that does catch my eye...in a good way...it looks good....but it draw my attention away from the rest of the car. Referring back to my 01 Bullitt, Ford built that car with stock red calipers and the billett gas cap. I liked the calipers but didn't like the gas cap...it stood out too much.

Tinpony....I didn't include black because I am not considering black....I don't think it looks good on black wheels.

Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Black Wheels with painted calipers???