Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

New hood stripe question. 500kr hood

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 05:26 PM
kevilay
2nd Gear Member

Default New hood stripe question. 500kr hood

Hey guys, I just got a new trufiber venom hood for my mustang and a gt500 front end. Its all painted but when I went to stripe it i noticed something. My stripes are going to run throw the exhaust vents. What do you guys think I should do? Should I run them around the vents, through the vents or restripe my whole car with stripes that fit better. Here is a picture of my car before any changes so you can see the stripes. Does anyone know the stripe width and spacing for the 500kr?

Notice the stripe has pinstripes to the side of it. Even without those the main stripes will hit by about 1in on each side.

Thanks,
Kevin

ps. Cant wait to finish my car, this project has been ongoing for almost a month now 0.o Final step!!
Old 10-28-2011, 10:41 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

I like stopping them at the vents.. That's what I did with mine .. Stripes 9.75 inches wide 1.25 spacing

Old 10-28-2011, 11:02 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

go with the supersnake stripe, problem solved.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:12 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

^ +1 that looks great.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:49 PM
kevilay
2nd Gear Member

Im worried about taking my stripes of and finding a mismatch in the paint. Since mine would be wider then anything that would be replacing it. What do you guys thing its an 08. Not sure when the decal work was put on. I bought the car 5 months ago.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:37 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Glad to hear your car is finally getting put together, man!

As for how to do the stripes, the vents are plastic, right? And you are not painting them? I would just not stripe the vent part. I'd shop a pic up for you but my computer caught on fire and I have to use my sister's, who does not have anything but MSpaint.

And about your concern on how the paint looks without stripes; you still have those old parts with the stripes, right? Just peel back the stripes on those and see if the paint is discolored.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:08 AM
kevilay
2nd Gear Member

The vents are painted white. My car is being done at the dealer.they might have throw out the old parts because the hood and front facia were messed up from someone hitting my car. That would have been ideal. I'd pull one of the pin stripes off the roof but if its mismatched then it needs to be reapplied and the vinyl might be slightly different colours. Would running the stripe through the vent be out of the question? Would is start to peel off fast or look silly
Old 10-29-2011, 01:04 PM
stags
3rd Gear Member

Go around the vents mate. If they are white plastic now, pick up a $10 rattlecan from advanced auto parts that has some kind of thermal resistance. Preferably in Flat Black. With your colors thats what I would do.

I tell you to do that because when I got my Cervinis type iv, they didnt paint the extractors origionally. After about 3 weeks, the engine bay heat had turned the unpainted plastic a nasty rust red color. Popped em off, a lil sanding, rattle can paint job, popped em back in havent had an issue since. And the black POPS out of the red.

For yours, I think the blue lemans on white is a really classic look that i wouldnt want to mess with. Plus youll save $ not having your entire car restriped. Ifthey have to cut around the ventsm fine, I think that will look really really good. But thats just me
Old 10-29-2011, 03:38 PM
kevilay
2nd Gear Member

you think stripping around the vents would look ok? Right now the vents were taken out and painted the same colour as the hood. I actually really like the style of my stripes. Is striping through the vents of of question?

Last edited by kevilay; 10-29-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:23 PM
stags
3rd Gear Member

I wouldnt put vinyl on the vent. It would probably look ok, but my guess would be that after awhile the heat and such would have a negative affect on the vinyl.

I would have them cut the stripes around the vents. If you dont like that, you can always try having them apply vinyl to the vents too.

Quick Reply: New hood stripe question. 500kr hood