Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

D&G Customs Billet Grille

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 09:45 AM
Kevs_4.6
1st Gear Member

Thumbs up D&G Customs Billet Grille

Wanted to share a new addition to the Stang and my experience with D&G Customs.

I had been looking for a billet grill similar to the Shelby GT-H as my car is black with gold racing stripes but I wanted to go with black and not chrome. I found the link below and this was right up my ally!
Price was right, got the grille and emblem cheaper than it would have cost for just the grille w/o the emblem from a competitors site.
Install was simple and directions were clear. The only issue that I ran into was that the mounting brackets made the grill sit too far back in the grille opening. I used several small washers from Home Depot (maybe 1/8 inch thick at the most) as spacers, adding washers as needed until the grill was flush with the headlight pillars where I wanted it, not a big deal and you can't see the washers at all.

Overall, I recommend this product if anyone is in the market for a new grille that will REALLY change the front end of your Stang.

Here is a link for the grille that I purchased.

http://www.dgcustomauto.com/product....categoryId=403

Pics are in my gallery.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:22 AM
gmoran1469
3rd Gear Member

Yup, I am about to order one here soon. I am thinking about getting the whole kit though for fog lights and hidden horn.

The cool thing about the DG customs grill is that it takes the outside line of the OEM plastic grill so you can mount fogs behind it.

That's not the case for the Roush or the AM Billet grille. Neither of them allow for proper fit of the fogs behind them and if you can get them back there they are gonna be wedged up against the grille.

DG Custom ftw.

I am gonna try their hood strut kit too. The one from AM doesn't fit and no one from AM seems to be willing to get the right part made and available to the public.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:51 AM
Kevs_4.6
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by gmoran1469
Yup, I am about to order one here soon. I am thinking about getting the whole kit though for fog lights and hidden horn.

The cool thing about the DG customs grill is that it takes the outside line of the OEM plastic grill so you can mount fogs behind it.

That's not the case for the Roush or the AM Billet grille. Neither of them allow for proper fit of the fogs behind them and if you can get them back there they are gonna be wedged up against the grille.

DG Custom ftw.

I am gonna try their hood strut kit too. The one from AM doesn't fit and no one from AM seems to be willing to get the right part made and available to the public.
I will definitely use them again for other mods.

I have the AM hood struts on my car and no real issues with them, but I think I was lucky.

I was looking at the horn relocation bracket as well but didn't pull the trigger and I am kind of glad I didn't and here's why, once I installed the grille and put the hood down you can't really see the horns unless you really get down and look for them. For me it wasn't worth the $30 at this time.
Not sure what color your car is but I talked to a guy at Cars & Coffee last month that had a White GT/CS and he painted everything that can be seen behind the black billet grille black looked pretty slick.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:28 AM
gmoran1469
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kevs_4.6
I will definitely use them again for other mods.

I have the AM hood struts on my car and no real issues with them, but I think I was lucky.

I was looking at the horn relocation bracket as well but didn't pull the trigger and I am kind of glad I didn't and here's why, once I installed the grille and put the hood down you can't really see the horns unless you really get down and look for them. For me it wasn't worth the $30 at this time.
Not sure what color your car is but I talked to a guy at Cars & Coffee last month that had a White GT/CS and he painted everything that can be seen behind the black billet grille black looked pretty slick.
Mine is a black GT/CS lol, the exact opposite.

My plan is to get the kit with both fog and horn relocation brackets and then paint the condenser black. The condenser takes up about 90% of that space behind the grille and is the front most part.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:05 PM
adj86
2nd Gear Member

Question for you guys on the grille. Does it allow you to locate the fogs multiple places? For instance locate the fogs in the stock location or, locate them in the center mount position?
Old 03-26-2012, 04:13 PM
stephen1371
2nd Gear Member

i love mine, its the stock location but im sure you can modify the brackets to fit in the center, it did move them a lil closer together on the push back, i dont know how much center you want to go
Old 03-26-2012, 04:15 PM
stephen1371
2nd Gear Member

and i have used these guys for several parts, side scoops and window scoops, one of my inserts fell out on my side scoops after taking it through a car wash, (i had them on for two yrs before this happened) they shipped me a new set for both sides for 5 bucks, great company, there hydro carbon designs look great, i wish i had of spent the extra and went with the hydro carbon
Old 03-26-2012, 06:47 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by adj86
Question for you guys on the grille. Does it allow you to locate the fogs multiple places? For instance locate the fogs in the stock location or, locate them in the center mount position?
Just like Stephen said, it doesn't call out multiple locations to mount the fogs, but I'm sure you could modify the brackets to make them shorter or longer in order to properly space them behind the grille.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

I saw these. They look good but 40 bucks for horn bracket and 40 for fog bracket just seems steep.
I think ill attempt to mod my own brackets for less. Worse case i cant do the fogs and buy one anyway.
The horn however seems like an easy one to do
Old 03-26-2012, 07:09 PM
stephen1371
2nd Gear Member

i paid like 160 for the whole kit, comes with the horn relocation and fog light brackets

Quick Reply: D&G Customs Billet Grille