Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

HER new additions (Roush), VB/bright blue 2008 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 07:06 AM
PONYGRL

Default HER new additions (Roush), VB/bright blue 2008 Mustang GT

Hey ya'll. This is just a follow-up post for HER TOY. Got most of the stuff done to my car that I wanted since i posted on here last year, including billet grill, blackouts, wheels, stripes, etc. so thought I'd share a pic. What'cha think?? Still want to do the calipers grabber blue one of these days

Also have "Ride the Pony" across my back windshield to match the stripes. Will try to get some better pics of both stangs soon. Overall, I LOVVVEEEEEEEE my stripes. May be too bright or bold to some, but I'm in love with the color and it's totally "me" plus it matches my interior as well.

If one's not enough, here is my hubbys's too: (HIS TOY)

Old 04-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Very nice way to make it yours. Thanks for sharing the pics.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:57 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Nice Stangs...Cool that both you and the hubby share this same interest...
Old 04-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Rylay
3rd Gear Member

Wow! Those stripes is purty!
Would any Roush people be offended if I slapped those on my GT? (I might have to do it anyway.)
Old 04-10-2012, 09:36 AM
Rylay
3rd Gear Member

Also are your side markers blacked out? It might be the camera flash or sunlight but they look really vibrant. Might wanna tint those too.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:09 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Wow, I think that's a pretty good look. Rarely do you find that color combination (like ever...). I do like the grabber blue over the vista blue. Though, I am a big fan of your husband's paint scheme too.

It looks like you're sitting on a stock ride height? I'm telling you, if you get some springs and dampers to sit an inch and a half to two inches lower, and you'll have a totally different looking ride. Goodbye fender gap!
Old 04-11-2012, 06:45 AM
PONYGRL

Thanks for the feedback! It took me forever to decide what I wanted without it being over the top. I considered red, burnt orange and lime green. I didn't want the typical silver or white. I actually used to have a matte black strike kit but got bored with it.

Stripes aren't actually grabber blue, they're very close though.

Car is stock height - I've thought about lowering it one day. Thing is, the front's low enough and I don't want to be paranoid everywhere I go about scraping stuff. I already have to pull in at huge angles many places. I've thought about blacking out my side markers one of these days too. We have been working on our house and just got 2 puppies (Boss and Karma) so we haven't had much time or money for the stangs lately. This weekend, they may go for their first ride in the mustang since they've been so good in the car. Except Idk how long they will actually fit
Old 04-11-2012, 08:31 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Your Roush looks great! +1 on the lowering springs. Makes a huge difference, visually and performance wise. ;-)
Old 04-11-2012, 08:54 AM
HIS S-197
1st Gear Member

SWEET RIDES! My wife and I also have "His & Hers" Mustangs.
Our friends and neighbors get as big a kick out of it as we do.
I bet people always ask, "Which is faster? Have you raced them?"

THOSE STRIPES ARE AWESOME. Where'd you get 'em?
Old 04-11-2012, 09:49 AM
xkape
4th Gear Member

How come my eyes are always just immediately drawn to fender gap? Anyways, I must say, I am not a fan of stripes. Its just something in my head that I can't handle stickers, stripes, decals, etc.. (I left my Roush window thing on and the "roushcharged" on the scoop cause, well.. its a Roush... but, Id be lying if I didn't say I stare at that thing out on my hood every day and I do not like it)..
So, to my surprise.. I like what you did there. It's pretty cool. Definately one of a kind, not over the top, matches very well. Good job planning that one out! +1

Quick Reply: HER new additions (Roush), VB/bright blue 2008 Mustang GT