Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's
Old 10-22-2015, 03:54 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Ford Mustang Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Exterior Mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 09:25 PM
iAerials
1st Gear Member

Exclamation Exterior Mods

I'm currently looking into some exterior mods for my 07 mustang in black. I'm most likely going to get the quarter louvers, the rear louver, and a pair of white 10" stripes to go along with my white rocker stripe. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with these parts since I'm kinda nervous about the stripes. I'm gonna do the stripes myself and i could definitely use some advice.

Heres the links:

Quarter Louvers: http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustan...vers-0509.html

Rear Louver: http://www.americanmuscle.com/alumin...w-louvers.html

Stripes: http://www.americanmuscle.com/white-...ipes-0512.html

*One more question, would you guys recommend the ABS rear louvers or the aluminum ones which i posted the link for?

Old 05-09-2012, 09:32 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

In my opinion racing stripes with side stripes is too much. I'd get rid of the side stripes, especially if you are doing quarter louvers and the rear window louver.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:50 PM
iAerials
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
In my opinion racing stripes with side stripes is too much. I'd get rid of the side stripes, especially if you are doing quarter louvers and the rear window louver.
suum cuique...but thanks for the input. Do you have any experience with the louvers?
Old 05-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Agreed.

Let the car speak for itself. If you're going to go over the top, get an airbrush artist.

Get some big side scoops and quarter scoops. It'll really give you that old, mean, "I will kill you" look

Last edited by Young_Gun; 05-10-2012 at 05:28 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:36 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

I have the aluminum louvers. The ABS louvers look cheap and toy like. Take your time installing or you'll rattle at 60mph+. I started to and had to add some PVC insulation padding on the metal-glass contacts.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:12 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by iAerials
suum cuique...but thanks for the input. Do you have any experience with the louvers?
What does "suum cuique" mean? And no I don't I prefer the clean look.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:08 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

I agree with Eddie in regards to removing the side rocker stripes, should you decide to get the racing stripes. It looks a bit busy with both.
I have experience with installing the AM quarter window louvers and really like the look! You can actually purchase pre-painted louvers on AM to match your car. My suggestion is making sure you prep the car and follow the instructions to a "T". I would also recommend adding additional super duty 3M double sided sticky tape to louvers. I had some minor issues with the original tape not adhering on one corner and had to re-do.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:18 AM
iAerials
1st Gear Member

What does "suum cuique" mean? And no I don't I prefer the clean look.
Its latin for "to each his own", kinda like "everyone has their own opinion".
Old 05-10-2012, 09:19 AM
iAerials
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevinmalec
I agree with Eddie in regards to removing the side rocker stripes, should you decide to get the racing stripes. It looks a bit busy with both.
I have experience with installing the AM quarter window louvers and really like the look! You can actually purchase pre-painted louvers on AM to match your car. My suggestion is making sure you prep the car and follow the instructions to a "T". I would also recommend adding additional super duty 3M double sided sticky tape to louvers. I had some minor issues with the original tape not adhering on one corner and had to re-do.

I think im ready to do the louvers myself since im kind of a perfectionist. I probably will end up overprepping the surface which is good. However im not experienced with applying stripes so if anyone can give me some advice i would greatly appreciate
Old 05-10-2012, 09:21 AM
iAerials
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
I have the aluminum louvers. The ABS louvers look cheap and toy like. Take your time installing or you'll rattle at 60mph+. I started to and had to add some PVC insulation padding on the metal-glass contacts.
So youve experienced rattle with the Al rear louvers? Ive heard that the abs ones bow up in the heat which is why im trying to avoid them.

Quick Reply: Exterior Mods