Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Illuminated Door Sill Plates for 05-13

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 08:48 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

sounds easy enough (maybe?)...I'd guess that I have both ambient and mycolor then?
Old 01-10-2013, 07:47 PM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by highline
sounds easy enough (maybe?)...I'd guess that I have both ambient and mycolor then?
Is your Mustang still for sale? If so, I can't believe it. You only wanted 20k for 6500 mile CS.GT. That car is beautiful. If I didn't have mine, I would of bought yours last year when I first saw it for sale. Wow.
Old 01-14-2013, 08:04 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

akdoggie...I don't (unfortunately) frequent MF as much as I used to (and am usually in OT), but yes, it is...It currently has 6614 miles and I would have thought it would have flown off the shelves...Not one serious offer...h*ell, not even one offer over 15K, and that was the only offer!!! AND, I just threw out 20K...I thought that'd be a good (high) starting point...maybe it was too high??? I didn't advertise "too" much locally, and didn't get any offers at all...She sits perfectly waxed in her own DEDICATED garage (no kids bikes, lawnmowers, ect) and gets driven to my parent house (+/-5 miles) on nice saturdays or sundays...My 250 is my DD...Anywho, I have a few friends with S197s and still look for neat opportunities/mods for them...Not sure what I'll do with Bettie (mine)...

@AM...Does the sill come in any other colors? The one I linked to is of a black surrounding, but mine (and each one of my friends, ironically) has a lighter trim color...almost almond or light gray...You gurus will know the color, or I can take a pic of my sill/trim when i get home...I just think black with the lighter trim may look off?
Old 01-15-2013, 02:10 AM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by highline
akdoggie...I don't (unfortunately) frequent MF as much as I used to (and am usually in OT), but yes, it is...It currently has 6614 miles and I would have thought it would have flown off the shelves...Not one serious offer...h*ell, not even one offer over 15K, and that was the only offer!!! AND, I just threw out 20K...I thought that'd be a good (high) starting point...maybe it was too high??? I didn't advertise "too" much locally, and didn't get any offers at all...She sits perfectly waxed in her own DEDICATED garage (no kids bikes, lawnmowers, ect) and gets driven to my parent house (+/-5 miles) on nice saturdays or sundays...My 250 is my DD...Anywho, I have a few friends with S197s and still look for neat opportunities/mods for them...Not sure what I'll do with Bettie (mine)...

@AM...Does the sill come in any other colors? The one I linked to is of a black surrounding, but mine (and each one of my friends, ironically) has a lighter trim color...almost almond or light gray...You gurus will know the color, or I can take a pic of my sill/trim when i get home...I just think black with the lighter trim may look off?
That is unbelievable. All the guys who were looking this fall, and you still have a 6k miled CS/GT available.

Could you PM me the serial number so I can run a check for your window sticker. Also, do you have all 6 gauges or only the 4? For some reason the stickers never say if they have MyColor or not. I've looked at 4 CS/GT's up here, and 2 didn't have full gauges from the factory. It's too bad you are in TX and I am in AK but we are taking a vacation in February, and if it is still available and has the option packages I would like, then maybe we can see what we can do. It doesn't matter if I fly to Denver or Dallas as a first stop. It's an easy change in travel this far off. Thanks
Old 01-15-2013, 07:53 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

I will do it when I get home...anywho, it has the 6 gauges...
Old 03-07-2018, 11:32 AM
SSBrian

Originally Posted by akdoggie
Ambient lighting is the lights around the console and footwells. MyColor is the dash cluster color changing. MyColor has 125 possible colors, while Ambient lighting has only 7 or 8 colors.

The door sills can be made to do any of the 7-8 colors the console does. They do not work off the dash MyColor. I put my door sills in this fall off eBay. I gave 89.00 for the Mustang ones and installed them in about 20 minutes. I wired mine blue then, but have since come up with a console out of an 08 with ambient lights, so now they work off the console switch. If you want to wire them to one color, you could use the right pillar post wiring for hooking it up. It's a quick and simple way to wire it up. You can choose between the two wires on how you want it to work also.
Hello akdoggie, I have the ambient lighting on my 08, did you wire the lighted sills to the ambient module under the console to choose the color? I assume 4 wires, Ground, Red, Blue and Green? If so, do you know the wire colors on the module?