Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Finally got the CS bumper on! (pic heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 11:54 PM
4LiterSonic
2nd Gear Member

Default Finally got the CS bumper on! (pic heavy)

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've posted here. I've been really busy with school and stuff, and I haven't had time to be as interested in my car as I'd like. Plus, the weather has been absolutely awful and I haven't been able to get more than one day of clear, sunny weather without rain or snow. Southern Kentucky weather is horrible.

Anyway, I've made a big change, in the form of...a new bumper! I finally ditched my ugly, bent and broken V6 bumper for a GT/CS. I also replaced those atrocious amber corners with some black housings. I had a $60 dollar gift certificate from CJ Pony Parts because of the debacle with my bumper (first they shipped a GTCS rear bumper, then there was a three month delay in shipping the bumper I ordered) so I spent it on a 3DCarbon grille emblem. I made a few modifications to it so that it would better fit the theme of my car that I think you guys will all like. Check out the pictures below.

Here's a picture from the night I picked my car up...it looks like a different car now.

Name:  V4FG5IT.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  60.6 KB

I started with the standard red white and blue pony. I forgot to take pictures before I painted it, but it looked out of place on my car. I took it upon myself to change that (I corrected the rough painting, by the way):

Name:  s7qi5X8.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  492.6 KB

Then I hit my grille with some plastidip. It was already black, but it had started to fade and I had a couple pretty bad rock chips. I figured the PD would serve two purposes in protecting the paint and bringing back the deep black color that the grille used to have. Here's the result of my work:

Name:  ruBgXt4.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  595.7 KB

Name:  ZP8xfDx.jpg
Size:  614.6 KB

Name:  S1u8kr1.jpg
Size:  604.3 KB

Name:  1GUIjMT.jpg
Size:  619.1 KB

Name:  E8I6jle.jpg
Size:  456.1 KB
I'm thinking that I need to paint the right side. I used color-matched touchup paint for the left and some black paint for the middle but I left the right side alone. I'm trying to decide if I like the contrast or not.

Anyway, that's it. Up next is dual exhaust and a black roof and then I'm probably done for a long time. It's hard to buy mods on a college budget, especially considering the hit I took from this bumper lol.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:03 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Dude that looks AMAZING! I love that blue, and with the blackout theme you have, it looks even better.

I can totally sympathize on the college budget lol. Coincidentally, your future mod list was exactly what I had too lol, now I just need to get around to the roof blackout. But post some pics once you do get around to it, you car will look sick with that contrast on it!
Old 04-11-2013, 12:12 AM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

I love the CS front ends. I just got mine installed a couple weeks ago, but haven't rolled it out for the year yet. We got 12 inches of fresh snow on Sunday and Monday, so moving the Mustang outside isn't even a thought at this point. The poor car is so freakin' dusty, sitting in the garage all winter. It looks pitiful, considering the new black front is sitting there shiny and all. Still have to add the two short stripes, but I'm basically finished.

One your right side, what is wrong with the bumper? It seems to have a raise in it, throwing the grille off a bit? Is this just me, or is something off? Looks great, anyway you show it though. Nice choice.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:28 AM
E_cox310
2nd Gear Member

Looks great man. Yeah I'm operating on a college budget as well. I just save up during the school year and then mod my car when I go back home during the summer breaks.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:57 AM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

Cant beat a GT/CS bumper and gt500 rims
got the same combo here
Old 04-11-2013, 06:49 AM
06RubyFire
2nd Gear Member

Looks great! I really like the different look of the pony emblem!! Good job!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:29 AM
drfister
3rd Gear Member

Sweet man, nice work. I like what you did with the emblem, but I'd probably have the same blue hue on the badge.
The bumper is a huge improvement for sure. Gotta paint the rockers now to match the new, lower body lines.

Do u have steeda pentar wheels or are they gt500 style? Gotta love blue and black!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:07 AM
CMcNam
3rd Gear Member

I don't miss my college budget, mainly because I didn't have one, so I know how you feel (though there always seemed to be money for beer...).

On the bumper conversion, I am so completely in love with the CS bumper. I can't wait to get one myself. Your car looks fantastic and I love that you changed out the turn signals too, it just wouldn't look right otherwise. Love it!
Old 04-11-2013, 11:30 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Looks awesome! Nicely done!
Old 04-11-2013, 04:03 PM
E_cox310
2nd Gear Member

Next, let some one back into your rear bumper so you can use the insurance money to get the CS rear bumper!

Quick Reply: Finally got the CS bumper on! (pic heavy)