Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Aftermarket Headunit Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 08:32 AM
andjoshreplied

Default Aftermarket Headunit Question

No worries, I'm not going to ask about a pop in my speakers or why my harnesses do not match up. I did plenty of research before attempting to install my new head unit. I matched up the correct metra mounting kit and wire harness for my 2006 Mustang coupe (shaker 500 system). I soldered the voltage regulator to the remote amp control, ground, and 2 blue wires coming off my RCA input (of the metra harness)...i verified all my wiring with the harness, car, and metra harness...i crimped these connections. I plug this baby in, reconnect my battery turn my car on....and nothing. HOWEVER, i hit my eject button and the screen lowers. I put a cd in and it starts right up. I start pressing buttons...but all the buttons do the opposite of what they are supposed to do. Volume up turns it down, Volume down turns it up. Power does nothing. DBAS lowers my screen but doesnt allow it to come back up. Could I have just got a broken head unit? It is a BOSS BV9561B Double Din DVD/CD/MP3 player. Thanks in advance ladies and gentlemen!
Old 05-09-2013, 09:04 AM
Rylay
3rd Gear Member

Um that's a good one ^.^ I guess at that point I would blame the head unit. Did you by it new? If so, call tech support they should have a fix or at least send you a new unit, if not, I wish you luck with finding a fix to this problem

Actually call their tech support regardless if you haven't already. Power leads aren't swapped are they? That Wouk be all I could think of...
Old 05-09-2013, 09:13 AM
andjoshreplied

No, power leads are good. I checked them with voltage coming to the harness and they checked out good. I did buy the unit new...however it is a BOSS unit (sometimes you get your monies worth haha) just wanted something to get me through a few months, and one to learn on, before i buy a really nice one. Although it's strange, I thought maybe I burned up my voltage regulator when I soldered it in...so I just took it off and ran it like normal but I dont get that loud pop. Everything else is still the same just no pop even without the regulator...anyways, contacting tech support now!