Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

De-badging

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 10:36 PM
DeadBob

Default De-badging

I got my 2008 V6 about a year ago, and from the very first day I started looking for mods and different appearance changes, I never really understood why people badge their car as something it's not, but well I want to take away what makes it a V6 and let it to be it's own, besides the side strip/ grille and rear faux trunk door what labels it as a V6? (engine and exhuast excluded). I already have a decklid panel dealing with the rear.

Last edited by DeadBob; 05-16-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 10:47 PM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

The front/rear bumper covers are model specific too, but then you'd have to change them out and it doesnt sound like you want people thinking it's a GT. If you do feel like it, newtakeoff.com has the best prices....looks like they don't have any in right now but they always acquire them at some point.
Most around here wouldn't give you grief upgrading body panels, like you said it's usually the badges.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:01 PM
DeadBob

Yeah I knew about the bumpers, but I just bought a new grille, so I'll keep my front bumper, but perhaps a chin spoiler, I really want to take off the side ==MUSTANG== what's the easiest way to take that off? A blowdryer/heat gun?
Old 05-17-2013, 03:09 AM
chrisdbassplayer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by DeadBob
Yeah I knew about the bumpers, but I just bought a new grille, so I'll keep my front bumper, but perhaps a chin spoiler, I really want to take off the side ==MUSTANG== what's the easiest way to take that off? A blowdryer/heat gun?
Just an FYI did your car spend alot of time in the sun the last 4 + years? you might have some paint fade not sure though! As far as removing the stripes Ive never done the lower rockers but I did remove my hood and rear stripes to have it re-striped and all I did is leave it in the warm sun for about an hour. Started on one side and evenly started pulling slowly to remove them. Then cleaned off what glue was left with mineral spirits and a microfiber towel and then washed to get the mineral spirits all cleaned off.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:37 AM
Rylay
3rd Gear Member

The trunk medalion/fuax fuel door cover is a dead giveaway, but my favorite thing to do to that is plastidip. It always looks good if you take your time and it'll give a little ambiguity. And I know imma get some flack from other GT guys but I hate the stock v6 bumpers, I say if you add ANY power that can be seen on a Dyno chart, or significant handling mods that you should be able to swap in the GT stuff, except for the fender badges, you should probably leave it blank there if you can get a good body shop to cover the holes. (Or if your one of the luky few without badges there)
Old 05-17-2013, 10:44 AM
DeadBob

Mine doesn't have a badge there thankfully, and i already have the CDC rear decklid cover, i have pictures of it so far in the my garage portion, check it out and tell me if you guys have any ideas?
Old 05-17-2013, 10:54 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

If you remove the feax gas cap on the rear, what are your plans for it as Im looking for the v6 one for my GT.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:22 PM
DeadBob

I have it just sitting, i'm looking to get rid of it
Old 05-17-2013, 02:04 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

What do you want for it
Old 05-17-2013, 02:43 PM
DeadBob

I have no clue what it's worth, i gotta try and find it, i seem to of miss placed it, what cha offer for it?

Quick Reply: De-badging