Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

What Color is this paint?? -- HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 10:48 PM
Ficalini

Default What Color is this paint?? -- HELP

Hey everybody! This is my first post on Mustang Forums so if I've put this in the wrong section, please inform me and I'll move it.

Long story short: I was a hit-and-run victom and through insurance $ plus my own savings, I've bought a 3D Carbon bodykit (boy racer). My dad and I are repaining my 06 GT pretty soon (currently Windveil Blue) to a black and orange theme. I have a picture that I saw online and I'm going to try to follow the theme pretty much as close as possible.

I can find a nice glossy black easy enough, but I need to know the color of Orange in the picture.

Can anybody please identify the paint code, a similar color of orange, or other car that this has been used on? We're trying to order paint before the week is up.
Attached Thumbnails What Color is this paint?? -- HELP-brown-and-black.jpg  
Old 10-15-2013, 10:53 PM
Ficalini

You can also see the image here

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf...9jfyo1_500.jpg
Old 10-16-2013, 06:57 AM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ficalini
Hey everybody! This is my first post on Mustang Forums so if I've put this in the wrong section, please inform me and I'll move it.

Long story short: I was a hit-and-run victom and through insurance $ plus my own savings, I've bought a 3D Carbon bodykit (boy racer). My dad and I are repaining my 06 GT pretty soon (currently Windveil Blue) to a black and orange theme. I have a picture that I saw online and I'm going to try to follow the theme pretty much as close as possible.

I can find a nice glossy black easy enough, but I need to know the color of Orange in the picture.

Can anybody please identify the paint code, a similar color of orange, or other car that this has been used on? We're trying to order paint before the week is up.
This might be what you are looking for
http://mustangattitude.com/cgi-bin/s.../2007_00065_02
It's Beryllium Copper, a color only offered by Saleen

Here's another link to Saleen offered colors, by year. Some have codes, some don't
http://mustangattitude.com/cgi-bin/s...saleenclrpaint
Old 10-16-2013, 09:31 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

The color in the picture kind of looks like the color "Burnt Orange".