Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

my decklid came in yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 06:08 AM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Default my decklid came in yesterday

I got this one since its on sale and I thought the 'louvered look' would be nice since I might also get quarter window louvers.

Though a couple people have told me that I should have gotten the honeycomb one - what do you guys think of this? I'm feeling kinda hesistant to put it on my car since I wont be able to change my mind then, but as of now its still in the box.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/sr-bla...anel-0509.html

Old 03-07-2014, 09:45 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Who cares what others think, they didnt pay for it. The bigger question is do YOU like it?

I think its cool cause its different.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:36 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

I agree to only use it if YOU like it. As it's your car and your the one who's going to look at it the most. Don't worry about what other people think.

That being said, I like the look. I definitely prefer it over honeycone, but I'm biased because I don't like anything honeycone haha.

Good luck with your decision!

Shane
Old 03-07-2014, 02:50 PM
IndecisiveS197
2nd Gear Member

I'm with the others on this as well. Who cares what others think or say. But also...I like this way better than honey comb.

I prefer the ones that delete the Faux Gas cap.
Old 03-07-2014, 04:51 PM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

right on guys - i installed it with my buddy this afternoon, let it sit fora couple hours to give it time to bond and just drove it home and am gonna let it sit to bond more....loving it so far!

i think i messed up a little or soemthing, i got it as straight as i could but the bottom part of the faux gas cap goes in a bit....i think i might have put it a tad too low but me and my friend held it and did out best, it still looks okay though I think.

heres another pic, before i drove home, it looks better but i hope its only cus the light - i dont think driving home would have caused it to shift or anything...it was on TIGHT...and had a few hours to bond...

looks good to me though, i love it!

Last edited by RazorGT; 03-10-2014 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:10 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Looks good. I have the honeycomb one and it is a pain to clean.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:13 AM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

thanks guys, I also did order the wheels so now the only thing I am wondering is if I should get some quarter window louvers or just leave it stock.

It's hard to choose even with a coin flip because sometimes i look at the louver pics and they look so nice, then an hour later I look at my car and think the sleeck stock quarter window looks better :S

In your opinion, once I get the rims should I leave it this way? or should I also get the quarter louvers? I want to make my car as unique as possible without looking overdone, and keeping a 'clean stock look' with minor mods that make a huge difference (rims, decklid, etc)
Old 03-08-2014, 08:49 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

How often do you use your quarter windows when backing up or changing lanes? You will lose some of your visibility with them, depending on which style you choose.

What style were you looking at?
Old 03-08-2014, 08:57 AM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
How often do you use your quarter windows when backing up or changing lanes? You will lose some of your visibility with them, depending on which style you choose.

What style were you looking at?
I was looking at these, they don't stick out as much as the other louvers and give a cleaner look IMO, also I heard that you can see pretty well through the slits. If I got ANY quarter louvers, these would be the ones - I just can't decide if I want to get them :S

http://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-cl...9-painted.html

also PNY, what front bumper do you have on your silver mustang in the signature? I been looking for that bumper!!
Old 03-08-2014, 09:43 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Those are nice. I had those on my 2010 before it got sold. You will lose a very small amount of visibility but not enough to affect your driving

I have the stock gt bumper with the CDC aggressive spoiler and a gt500 splitter on my 08

Last edited by PNYXPRESS; 03-08-2014 at 09:46 AM.

Quick Reply: my decklid came in yesterday