Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Quik-Latch Hood pins

Old 03-13-2014, 06:59 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
I've seen it happen on fiberglass too but you should be OK if it's thick enough indeed.
It's between 1/8" and 3/16" at that point, and I added another 1/8" ring extending 4" across around the latch hole. If any bowing occurs, I shall be VERY disappointed
Old 03-14-2014, 06:04 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

op looks good dude
this is needed on the 05 to 09..hood shake above 100mph is a complete and utter joke
Old 03-14-2014, 06:13 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rudolph Hucker
op looks good dude
this is needed on the 05 to 09..hood shake above 100mph is a complete and utter joke
Thanks. and agreed 100%

Have had this up to some fairly respectable highway velocities since install. Not even the slightest detectable twitch now
Old 03-14-2014, 06:17 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

nice one.
mine scared the shoite outa me everytime i went fast...
Old 03-14-2014, 08:16 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

From experience using these exact pins on the race cars at work, dont trust them to latch completely just by closing the hood, push down next to them to pop the center button up. Also I have found some that come unlatched by themself from 100+mph speeds vibrating the hood.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:23 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
From experience using these exact pins on the race cars at work, dont trust them to latch completely just by closing the hood, push down next to them to pop the center button up. Also I have found some that come unlatched by themself from 100+mph speeds vibrating the hood.
I spent a good amount to time adjusting them, so that they lock with the center button up every time the hood closes. I do visually check the buttons to be 100% sure though.

I'm getting zero movement/vibration at speed, and the springs in this set are pretty stiff. Not anticipating a problem with them staying latched hopefully.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:00 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
I'm getting zero movement/vibration at speed, and the springs in this set are pretty stiff.
It wont be a vibration/movement you see. but there is a vibration from the wind flowing over the hood, this will eventually over time weaken the springs.

Not really a big deal, just wanted you to be aware if/when you notice one isnt latched after a drive one day for no reason.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:03 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
It wont be a vibration/movement you see. but there is a vibration from the wind flowing over the hood, this will eventually over time weaken the springs.

Not really a big deal, just wanted you to be aware if/when you notice one isnt latched after a drive one day for no reason.
Will keep an eye out, hopefully not an issue. Thanks.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:12 AM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rudolph Hucker
op looks good dude
I agree, that's why I clicked on this thread. I hate how much the hood moves at speed. These look nice. I wouldn't mind adding something like this to my car. I don't like the look of the standard type of hood pins.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:36 PM
whosniffedme
3rd Gear Member

Looks fantastic, I've actually never seen these. One time one of my hood pins fell out (before I put the lanyards on them) and it amazed me how much the stock hood moves around, it feels good to have that extra level of stability. By the way, the lanyards are coated in silicone, can't scratch paint :P

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Quik-Latch Hood pins